Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Its Just Eric- Waterville, Maine

Tags
eric
4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  JakeF 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey Everyone!
Names Eric and I am currently living in Waterville Maine right on the banks of the Kennebec River.

I have always had a passion for fishing for stripers and love the salt water ever since I was about 5 years old. Now at 33 I am finding its even greater of a love.

I have always fished back in my home state of Rhode Island, spending my summers in Newport, Jamestown, Tiverton, Even made some great trips to the cap cod canal in Mass as well.

When I moved to Maine 8 years ago my fishing stopped until last year. I started exploring and learning the Stripers run up into Waterville and you can catch them right at the dams and in the fast moving water which got my spark lit again.

This year I am preparing to make it my best year, full of experiences, fun, and exploration. I am planning trips to the coast, mainly to the Bath, Maine, and Popham beach area. Maybe more once I figure out where the fish are and time frames they are running.

When I was fishing in the Rhode Island area I mainly fished with chunk baits and I ran 10 and 12 foot Ugly sticks with Penn Reels. I loved them then, but last year when I got back into it I realized how heavy those rods were for constant casting and surf fishing. I took a trip to L.L. Beans and started learning whats out there for newer, better rods, reels, and tackle and Learned so much.

Now I still have my ugly stick setups, but I ended up buying a St. Croix Mojo 9' Rod MSS90MM2 and a Shimano ultegra 5500 reel. I am getting ready to buy my second setup for this upcoming season. I plan on grabbing a St. Croix Legend Surf Rod LGSS106MHMF2 and currently looking at reels. Thinking of staying with the Shimano or possibly spending the extra cash and grabbing a Van Staal VM275.

I wanted to thank the admins for allowing me to join here and I will be poking around learning what you all are fishing with, learning more, and hopefully meeting some great people. If anyone is from Maine and wants to talk stripers please reach out! I am new to the Maine saltwater fishing scene and I am hungry to learn what its all about and where to go.

I am dying to get back to the water and cannot wait for this snow to go away!

Tight Lines Everyone!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.