Looking for some guys that have spotted some bait fis around - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Surfcasting Central
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Surfcasting Central A forum for Rockhoppers, Sandmen, Beachbuggies, etc.

Old 04-15-2005, 01:23 AM

Default Looking for some guys that have spotted some bait fis around

I have been out 3 times so far and gat some nice bass every trip. I have been fishing from Ocean city to cape may but mostly cape may but haven't seen any bait around yet. Just wondering if anyone has seen any bait around. Like I said I have been hooken em up but would still like to find some bait fish. I seem to have better luck with top water when the bait is around, I heard there is some herring up at the mays landing bulkhead but have't seed any down at the cape point or in the bay or beach. If anyone has spotted any bait please let me know. Im not looking for any particular spot just want to know if anyone has seen any around. Thanks. Buy the way if anyone knows of any local takle shops in atlantic or cape may county with live herring the info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2005, 05:27 PM

I broke my thumb in jan. so it's been a long winter. Last nite my buddies went out to cast a few and low and behold herring swirling all over. No bass but herring are a good sign.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:11 PM

Default herring

Speeking if herring!!!!!! I stop at a local bridge last Night at a small steam about three miles up stream from the local river. The herring were schooled up spawning by the hundreds. This steam is only about 10' wide and it was loaded!!!. There was a few guys there with small rods and reals loaded up small pens with beautiful size herring. I will definetly be hitting that up for some striper candy for the weekend. It is right on my way home from work. I have a 30 gallon portable live well I can throw em. They are hard to keep alive so I only catch what I need for the night and off for the cow. Man do they love live herring off the jettys I fish. I live line em with a nice surf bobber and let-em do what they do best(Catch slammen huge bass). I did great with them last year down in cape may. Plus it fun with the ultra light rod catchen the herring too!! :D :D :D .