Cape Cod Canal Area Gathering - Page 5 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts > Cape Cod Canal
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Cape Cod Canal The Ditch.

Old 09-23-2007, 11:19 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

Default Re: Cape Cod Canal Area Gathering

the sol guys had a few fish. i think we greeted some of the guys. glad it was successful for all parties.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2007, 11:28 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

a surprise guest with gunny

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2007_092313thfri0077.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	3385   Click image for larger version

Name:	2007_092313thfri0078.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	3386   Click image for larger version

Name:	lindsay_lohan_breast_implants.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	3387  
Old 09-23-2007, 11:37 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

lmfao

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2007_092313thfri0069.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	3388  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2007, 08:53 AM
Pro Staff

Was good to see everyone again. When did the hottie stop by? That must have been before I arrived . I got there late as I couldn't get out of the house until the kids were in bed, and had to take off around 5am to get home in time to avoid a bitch slap. Picked up a few small fish (24"-26") off the end of the jetty on a storm shad. Curious to hear what happened after I left. Tide was nice for daybreak action there,,, wish I could have stuck around longer. At least I got some sleep last night,,, I was kinda tuckered out by the time I got to bed last night. Lots of coffee at work today
Old 09-24-2007, 11:01 AM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Zim, your too funny, looks like i'm having a private conversation with King Neptune, cursiing him for screwing up your trip.... I just know it's going to bust wide open this week, you and Jim just hit the eye of the storm.... but thanks for keeping me company.. I had a good time..

sounds like the canal gathering was fun....
Old 09-24-2007, 11:51 AM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

the get together was a blast..however there was something missing...the company of the roc would have completed the evening....well maybe next time..
Old 09-24-2007, 12:28 PM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimi4290 View Post
the get together was a blast..however there was something missing...the company of the roc would have completed the evening....well maybe next time..

Thanks Jimi, but it would have been difficult, after I left Jim and Zim, I went home and got in bed and fell asleep around 4, was up and working on the up grade to my shop at 8:00,I ran two designated 120 volt 20 amp circuits, , 1, 240 volt 20 amp designated circuit)rewired my main work station with 4 new 20 amp outlets and added a new 1050 CFM air purifier that filters the air in a 30' X 30' shop 8 times an hour down to a half of a micron, plus many more things to be posted latter this week) Mrs Roc and I went to dinner around 8 after dinner, I went home and crashed, up by 6 in the morning to load the tailgating gear and head for The stadium to see the Bills.......
Old 09-24-2007, 12:56 PM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

DAMN....either way you got no sleep either. at least you got some stuff done you needed to do...protecting your lungs is definetly worth the effort..something i need to get a bettger handle on..my dust mask is great, but the shop vac dust collection system doesnt get it all. anyway... you must have had a good time at the game...the pats dished out another beating..glad you had the chance to go to a good game.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:02 PM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

My current dust collector goes down to 5 micrions and does a good job of collecting %95 of all shavings and most of the dust, I just want to eliminate it all...

the shop vac systen doesnt cut it... gave that up two season ago.... I only use it for the final clean up now....
Old 09-24-2007, 01:14 PM

It was great to finally meet everyone. Thanks again Gunny for setting everything up. I'm already looking forward to the next one in NY!

Hey Bait, thanks for the yak info. I'll be shopping around looking for some end of the season deals!

Not too much happened after you headed out. I got 24" right about the same time as you off the rocks with an eel but nothing after that. (Thx COLAD for saving my a$$ from not slipping into the canal!). Korkers are definitely on my Christmas list this year.

I was wading around at sunrise and what looked like 1 million+ baitfish swam right around me. So many I couldn't see the sand next to me. Figured SOMETHING would soon be around for a minnow and eel breakfast...but nothin.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:24 PM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

strange..there were pods of bait everywhere during the day saturday too...nothing on em...a few divers informed zim and i at the beach that there was a big school of smaller bass with a few bigger ones mixed in about 100 yards out from where we were fishing..so i strapped on a 2oz crippled herring (perfect bait size match) with a smaller teaser to reach em..but no takers..he was either blowing smoke or the bass were simply not hungry...you would think with all the bait swimming all around us something would be nearby...other than dog fish...although zim was happy about the dogfish...he said skate, dogs...and especially blues are his favorite...
Old 09-24-2007, 02:30 PM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roccus View Post
My current dust collector goes down to 5 micrions and does a good job of collecting %95 of all shavings and most of the dust, I just want to eliminate it all...

the shop vac systen doesnt cut it... gave that up two season ago.... I only use it for the final clean up now....
yup..a good dust collector will be my next purchase...when i run the disc sander the dust it generates is insane...i know it can be dangerous too..just as combustable as gas fumes if the conditions are right..or should i say wrong. when i need to use the sander i only do a little at a time..cause what i got is ok..but not good enough..
Old 09-24-2007, 08:26 PM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

you bastard........i was way to tired to figure out you put that on my head before the camera flash went off.....its not my fault you wanted me to be your princess....i have to admit.. not only can i dish it out..but i can take it...i should have taken a pic of your line all tangled when you were trying to whip the flyrod you googan...
Old 09-24-2007, 08:46 PM

I have to say thank you to Mully for the Recon job he did. Awesome job Mully Thank you.
Too bad I had to leave sat night but I did get to spend some time with my favorite people.
Its funny I felt like I knew the new guys too. Speaks, Colad and Jessica.
Unbelievable group. Every time I go to a gathering it reinforces my commitment to the next one. I'd be crazy to miss it. Got to hang with Rock and Zim on Friday, and Gunny Jake, Bryan, 4290 and Smu and the gang on saturday.
Me and Scone talked boxing on the beach and watched Zim catch doggies.
Got home this morning sore as hell, weary but safe and sound. After I left Zim I crashed at the hotel we got ice from on Friday. Zim didnt tell me it was a flea bag. Thanks for the company Zim. It was a great experience.
Jimi I hoped meagan liked the tiara. Figures zim stuck it on your head for a pic. +
What are friends for right?
I hear he buried the skate he caught so we wouldnt see it and laugh.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:00 PM
Lunker

thanks jim,gunnys the one though we all should thank.we all lead busy lives with work and family stuff.but he found the time to put it all together and make everyone feel like they were fishing and sharing info with friends.i guarantee all present will do their best to attend future evnts ,i know i will.