Cape Cod Canal Area Gathering - Page 2 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts > Cape Cod Canal
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Cape Cod Canal The Ditch.

Old 08-23-2007, 06:50 PM
Lunker

Default Re: Cape Cod Canal Area Gathering

nice choice gunny, my crystal ball says high tide east end at about 9 am sun. morn. east end opportunities hopefully!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2007, 07:00 PM

I was checking out the fact that we have a 4 PM at one end and 20 minute ride for an 8:30 at the other, on Saturday. We can hit high out flow 2 hours apart all weekend, with one at sunset and 1 at sunrise!
Old 08-23-2007, 07:48 PM
First Mate

aw man, up till now i have been concentrating strictly on montalk, but the canal? better believe it baby!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2007, 03:39 PM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

mully nailed it....if your expectations of the canal are high..you may want to think again..the canal can make or break your fishing expectations really quick...if you are not prepared to adapt to what the fish are up to and be very mobile you will become very discouraged very quickly..being the stubborn guy i can be..i spent two nights trying to catch a few fish that were bustin the surface under a bridge...two wasted nights...i knew better than to waste my time on a few schoolies that wanted nothing to do with anything i had...the first night i had live eels...a second chunk rod..and an endless variety of plugs, tins, jigs...you name it...i worked every offering for a good 15 minutes each...an old timer once told me..if you dont get a hit after 15 minutes...move. i figured, instead of move..ill switch my offering every 15 untill i figure out what they are on...two wasted nights of frustration....then i smartened up..put three plugs for the early morning sun and a few sluggos and swim shads for the dark in my back pack and hit the road...i wet the line for 15 minutes at a time from spot to spot along the service road, switching from swim shad to sluggo overy few casts untill i found the spot where the fish wanted what i had to offer...finally..after two stressfull nights of trying to figure out the fish under the bridge...there i was actually fishing among hungry bass..hungry for what i had to offer..because i was mobile and able to adapt..im definetly hoping my back will be good for the canal get together..i gotta do that again...
Old 08-24-2007, 09:57 PM
Lunker

Baitrunner is hard core. He put the most effort into fishing in Maine. I watched him row up against the outgoing Kennebec River tide at midnight in his kayak. All to catch a striper. If you want to see someone throw a bait off the beach Baitrunner has the knack.
He's due.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:11 PM
Lunker

more small fish all over the top last night ,same general area.some slammer blues in the mix last night too.heard of some nice fish caught recently.like jimi said lots of smaller bait around everywhere i fished . iwasnt able to stay till this morning but i bet it lit up pretty good!
Old 08-27-2007, 10:38 AM
Lunker

Hawked this from another site I visit.

well....seems like the fall run has started...and there are fishing moving thru the ditch just about everyday....today....I talked Matt(K2) and Chris(mantis) into joining me on our schoolie,,,adventure....armed with my 6'6 avid...and 3" rubber shads....I had a blast.....Matt also brought his 3wt.... flyrod with him...Matt ended up hookin up 5 times and landing two fish on the fly....i ended up with tons of fish...and breakin of a few.....awesome time guys....Ill be back tomorrow...we were also rewarded with a mix of some keepers...
Old 08-27-2007, 01:31 PM
First Mate

Odds are very good I will not be able to attend. This working 7 days stuff is a drag.

What I would suggest is that one who fishes the canal, give a litle seminar on making wire leaders while there. Those who fish it know, this is perhaps the #1 frustration reducer there.

Have one and all.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:33 PM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

the moment my back straightens out..im heading to the ditch..the wifes bike is gonna come with me...from now on, i dont think im going to the canal without it...so many times ive been told...a bike set up is the only way to go....just like with eels...im now a believer..
Old 08-27-2007, 05:50 PM

The only detail left to work out. Can we use Scusset as our meeting place?
Do we need to look for a place? How about the overlook lot a the herring run?
Old 08-27-2007, 07:48 PM
Lunker

i dont think either site is a problem but i wouldnt know who to ask to find out.the bourne police? maybe for the herring run but im not sure about scusset.i suppose it depennds on the number of people coming.just to clarify gunny are we talking the very east end.?becausethe lot after the guard shack at the fish pier might be good.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:25 AM

We may get 20 or more. East end, west end, as long as we can get all our vehicles parked, light a grill, LOL, you know the fun stuff..................
I've been thinking and suggesting Scusset all along. JON? what do you think?
Old 08-28-2007, 02:22 PM

What dates are we looking at? I thought it was September 9th.
Is it the 22cd?
Old 08-28-2007, 03:02 PM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnySniper View Post
The only detail left to work out. Can we use Scusset as our meeting place?
Do we need to look for a place? How about the overlook lot a the herring run?
i know that scussett is a state park, which usually wont let people in after 8pm..however, i do believe the 8oclock rule is not enforced after labor day...
Old 08-28-2007, 05:21 PM

I'll make some calls, check things out and will have a location picked for the 22nd by the end of the day tomorrow.