Hello from Central alabama - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Interior States and Landlocked Striper Forums > Alabama Stripers
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Old 05-10-2012, 01:33 PM
HYBRID ADDICT

Default Hello from Central alabama

Anyone home? I had forgot i even joined here a couple of years ago but I recently stumbled back across this site and decided to throw up a post to see if anyone was around. It would be nice to talk to other people from around the state to trade fishing reports and what not. My name is rick and i am located a few miles north of montgomery. I fish on the coosa river mostly and alabama river some. I mainly hang out below the dams. I got 3 here pretty close, mitchell dam (my main spot), jordan dam every once in a while, and bouldin dam when and if they ever run water.

I catch 99% of my fish during that special time of spring when the tailrace is loaded with hybrids but i really want to learn more about finding them after that time is over. I can usually catch a couple at the dam most any time of the year but nothing like spingtime. My hope here is that we can get the alabama gang up and going. It sucks to come here and see that nobody has said anything for weeks or months. Whos with me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2012, 08:47 AM
Pro Staff

Default Re: Hello from Central alabama

Hi Hotshot! Not too many members here from down your way, but always nice to hear what's going on. Stick around and make it yours!!
Old 05-15-2012, 08:49 AM
HYBRID ADDICT

yeah it does look like i got it all to myself. If it were only the same way at the dam hahahahaha. Not too many years ago, i had that mostly all to myself too other than a few cat fishermen but that has changed bigtime over the past few years. got to where i wont even go on the weekend anymore because of the crowds of people who have no clue how to get around in that boiling water.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2012, 05:11 PM
ROLL TIDE!

I'm trying to figure things out here in Montgomery...Just got out of the Navy, recently moved from Augusta Ga (Clarks Hill Lake/Lake Russell) back home... Got spoiled fishing those GA lakes and the savannah river for linesides...

Looks like Alabama river, Lake Jordan, and Lake Martin all have healthy Striper populations...only drawback is in GA you can use blueback herring, and you can't in Alabama... Shad are the way to go - - just gotta catch some...

Looking for a fishin buddy with some local experience...2 heads are better than one!
Old 01-09-2013, 05:05 PM
HYBRID ADDICT

TIDE, stay in touch with me here. i will take you with me when it gets good again. im always looking for someone who can go during the week and usually short notice.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:07 PM
HYBRID ADDICT

bty, i dont come here often but i will start looking more and more the closer it gets to april. the way i fish, in the middle of april is the hot time of the year and during a 3 or 4 week span, you can catch them almost every cast. i fish lake jordan
Old 04-17-2013, 12:09 AM
ROLL TIDE!

AIGHT HOTSHOT... WHERE YOU AT? Caught a shit-ton of skipjacks at bouldin - - no stripers today...