Official Cape Cod Canal thread - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > The Striper Forum
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

The Striper Forum All things Striper. Striped Bass Fishing Room Born on date March 11 2004.

Old 05-24-2011, 11:43 AM
Striper Hunter

Default Official Cape Cod Canal thread

ok, so i have heard from my buddy that it was going off last week in the dawn hours, but I had to work and couldnt make it.....

So how has it been? what has been successful? what times are people fishing? looking for adivce becuase its easy for me to hit the canal on my way home from Boston............

LETS HEAR IT DUDES!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2011, 11:52 AM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: Official Cape Cod Canal thread

bump

come on dudes im bored at work!
Old 05-24-2011, 11:55 AM
Young salt

Hey chapin, what's the good word man? A buddy of mine was fortunate enough to be at the canal last week during the blitz, he said it was on fire. I think he caught somewhere between 40-50 fish, none under 30" with his biggest being around 40" and bottoming out his scale at 25 lbs (he says it was heavier than that). I'll be in your neck of the woods next week (mid week I'm thinking) sometime and am planning on fishing chapin a night or two. Shoot me a PM if you're gonna be around maybe we can get together and catch some fish. Take it easy man. . . . . . .
Old 05-24-2011, 12:06 PM
Striper Hunter

nice man, that sounds like fun! I have heard that the road out to chapin is still washed out and the bunk ass town of Dennis hasnt fixed it yet....so be prepared for a long walk! I will be down this weekend, stuck in the city during the week for work.....but maybe I will see you out there...I heard there has been some success at chapin already. What was your buddy slaying fish on in the canal? i went saturday evening but had no luck...actually looked like a ghost town out there, no life at all...saw one seagull fly by
Old 05-24-2011, 12:56 PM
Young salt

The road leading to Chapin Beach is washed out?? My grandparents own the house right behind Gina's By The Sea, Chapin is like a mile and change beyond that....what's washed out exactly, that entire road? Hmmm, that would certainly put a damper on my plans, gonna get out in the boat a couple days down there but was hoping to hit the beach at night. I'm not sure exactly what he was hitting all those fish on but if history held true, I'd go with BIG white and/or yellow plugs at first light (poppers, darters, pencils, needles etc). I saw a couple HUGE fish caught in the canal last year and most of the guys were using some variation of one of the plugs I mentioned.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:50 PM
Striper Hunter

nice my aunt lives over across from the chapins resturaunt...the off road vehicle access road, by the gate to the beach has been washed out. So Im not sure if you will be able to drive out on the beach, but you certainly can access it from your families place or simply walk the beach, I was just saying you cant drive out there (as of now). I used to love going out and having all my gear packed up in my jeep, and heading out there after the bar closed if high tide was ay 2am

fun times
Old 05-24-2011, 03:13 PM
Young salt

Ok but I can still drive down and park in that little parking lot at night right? I actually haven't been down there long enough the last couple of years but if I remember correctly it's like a 5 minute walk or so around the corner to the inlet/channel, maybe a little longer? Walking that from my grandparents house would be a little much, especially decked out in waders, 11' rod, chair, rod holder, bag etc. . . . . . . .
Old 05-24-2011, 03:20 PM
Striper Hunter

ya you can park at the town beach parking lot and hoof it out there, to get to the channel that runs through chapin and bass hole its about a mile walk

its way more fun just to drive out there with your gear and a cooler! and some tunes!!
Old 05-24-2011, 05:05 PM
Young salt

Guess it's been more than a few years since I've been down there 'cause my memory was WAYYYY off, LOL. I can remember walking it with my uncle and I thought it was like 10 minutes maybe to go around that big corner, clearly I was mistaken. Maybe I'll just fish out front and skip the walk?? Hve you ever done that and if so, have ya had any luck?
Old 05-24-2011, 05:28 PM
Striper Hunter

Im heading down there for the first time with a couple buddies, we got some beers and live eels, but Ive never been before.

I looked on mapquest for a good spot, right across from mma there seems to be a nice point.
But any recommendations about a place to park and walk out would be awesome, thanks for any replys!
Old 05-26-2011, 04:35 PM
Lunker

Why would anyone bring beer there? Best place seems to be under the sagamore bridge or just east of it on bombers or small pink sluggos.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:34 AM
Striper Hunter

you headed to the bourn side or cape side partner?

more parking on the bourn side i believe, you can take the road that runs past the dunkin's all the way to the mouth of the canal, there is a large lot there and you can walk through the rocks/jetties to many spots....beer is awesome you should bring it everywhere you go
Old 05-27-2011, 12:27 PM
Lunker

Not sure what the laws are about drinking in public like that but I am sure it is frowned upon. There are plenty of bars in the area.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:56 PM
Striper Hunter

We went right across from MMA on some bodys rocks lol, she let us fish there till it got dark then we got kicked out.
We were right on the point of the mouth, tossing and retireving eels from high tide going out from around 7-10.

And we didnt even get a hit.

Also because a few beers here and there are nice, atleast we caught something!
Old 05-31-2011, 12:56 AM
Scot Paton

Caught a pig yesterday around 6ish a.m. just west of the bridge. Somewhere between it and the run caught on a a swimming plug. It was 44" and just over 26lbs. And caught one a lil smaller a wee bit earlier on a black Slug-Go.