trip to the Canal - Page 3 - Stripers247.com Forums
 
Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts > Cape Cod Canal
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Cape Cod Canal The Ditch.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 06-23-2009, 11:30 PM
massfisher's Avatar
massfisher massfisher is offline
Official Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 152
Default Re: trip to the Canal

Fishing the canal ? If you succeed be sure to log your info. Good luck!!

The Massachusetts Division of Marine Fisheries (MarineFisheries) in
conjunction with the Atlantic Coastal Cooperative Statistics Program
(ACCSP) announces a new electronic angler logbook (eLogbook) for
recreational anglers willing to provide data useful for management of
marine fishes in Massachusetts. The eLogbook is a web database designed
for recreational anglers to enter daily trip information on general
location, gear used, and sizes of fish species that are harvested or
released. Participating anglers can access and summarize their fishing
data in tabular or graphical forms at anytime which is useful for
tracking fishing successes.

Who can participate? Residents or non-residents who fish in
Massachusetts and adjacent federal marine waters can participate in this
program. To begin using the eLogbook, go to eLogbook Login located
under the Quick Links on the left hand side of the MarineFisheries
website (www.mass.gov/marinefisheries). First time users will have to
register. A password and user name will be sent to the angler's email
account. All data provided by participating anglers are considered
confidential under M.G.L. c. 66A, the Fair Information Practices Act and
only MarineFisheries personnel will have complete access.
__________________
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. Beware the black helicopters.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #32  
Old 06-24-2009, 06:31 PM
Doublerunner's Avatar
Doublerunner Doublerunner is offline
Striper Hunter
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 987
Default Re: trip to the Canal

So are you going to monitor every post to make sure everyone logs in their activities?

Big brother on the prowl.....

Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 06-25-2009, 01:10 PM
Striperjim's Avatar
Striperjim Striperjim is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 4,316
Default Re: trip to the Canal

offtopic comment

Quote:
All data provided by participating anglers are considered confidential under M.G.L. c. 66A, the Fair Information Practices Act and only MarineFisheries personnel will have complete access.
I just love this part. Its like your medical records are private. Yea except to all personell with access to them and to whomever they choose to share it with. Yuk.
Before you know it some a-hole will sell the info for 50 cents a name and address to a fishing telemarketer.
Call me cynical.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #34  
Old 06-25-2009, 02:00 PM
jimi4290's Avatar
jimi4290 jimi4290 is offline
will work for stripers
Pro Staff
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 2,530
Default Re: trip to the Canal

if the government thinks im gonna tell them what i caught...they are saddly mistaken....they can shove thier log up thier you know what.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 06-25-2009, 02:36 PM
Ghilie's Avatar
Ghilie Ghilie is offline
First Mate
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 369
Default Re: trip to the Canal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimi4290 View Post
if the government thinks im gonna tell them what i caught...they are saddly mistaken....they can shove thier log up thier you know what.
Lol, why would they need to know in the first place? Seems fishy to me..
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 06-25-2009, 10:33 PM
5/0's Avatar
5/0 5/0 is offline
Striper Hunter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: S. SW. MA.
Posts: 90
Default Re: trip to the Canal

Quote:
Originally Posted by massfisher View Post
Fishing the canal ? If you succeed be sure to log your info. Good luck!!

The Massachusetts Division of Marine Fisheries (MarineFisheries) in
conjunction with the Atlantic Coastal Cooperative Statistics Program
(ACCSP) announces a new electronic angler logbook (eLogbook) for
recreational anglers willing to provide data useful for management of
marine fishes in Massachusetts. The eLogbook is a web database designed
for recreational anglers to enter daily trip information on general
location, gear used, and sizes of fish species that are harvested or
released. Participating anglers can access and summarize their fishing
data in tabular or graphical forms at anytime which is useful for
tracking fishing successes.

Who can participate? Residents or non-residents who fish in
Massachusetts and adjacent federal marine waters can participate in this
program. To begin using the eLogbook, go to eLogbook Login located
under the Quick Links on the left hand side of the MarineFisheries
website (www.mass.gov/marinefisheries). First time users will have to
register. A password and user name will be sent to the angler's email
account. All data provided by participating anglers are considered
confidential under M.G.L. c. 66A, the Fair Information Practices Act and
only MarineFisheries personnel will have complete access.
It's all Bull shit,do they really think that half of us are going to jump through hoops to let them know what we caught?
Chaa as if!!!!
With all the data that is sent to Gov't from the idiots who are brain washed and don't know any better there going to wipe there ass's with it, laugh at us for beliving that what there doing is right!
It's all mis management with our hard earned dollar at stake
__________________
Live bait,sharp hooks & timing is all you need.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 06-25-2009, 10:53 PM
farm627 farm627 is offline
Striper Hunter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: maine
Posts: 51
Default Re: trip to the Canal

there surely will be new laws passed at restricting fishing from this 1, and somewhere at the bottom of the livewell there is money for some1!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
canal, trip

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Guys Elk Trip Becomes a nightmare Striperjim Hunting / Game 0 11-14-2008 07:24 PM
Canal rat ecduzitgood Cape Cod Canal 6 05-14-2008 06:30 PM
Cape Cod Canal adamfishy12 Cape Cod Canal 5 04-03-2007 08:40 PM
Smack Tackle TN River trip LittleMiamiJeff The Striper Forum 6 10-24-2006 07:47 PM
Fishing trip brings catch of a lifetime in S. Dakota CaptainMorgan! The Lounge 1 06-15-2006 11:28 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2013 Stripers247.com LLC
Affiliated Sites:   Noreast.com   Allcoast.com    2coolfishing.com