So, the canal finally blew up this weekend - Page 2 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts > Cape Cod Canal
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Cape Cod Canal The Ditch.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:52 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: So, the canal finally blew up this weekend

I was there too . As long as you wernot crazy enough two try and fish ** ** (edited spots) or the rips there was plenty of room. I got a couple in a spot that had pleanty of room and fish.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2009, 08:59 PM

Spot burning is not funny to the guys who seriously surfcast - protect the resource and respect their fellow anglers.
Congats to oily and the others on their fish. wtg.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:30 PM
Lunker

my rock was vacant..... lots of people there ,as expected with the holiday weekend and a good tide in the am .ive seen ugly confrontations in the past and i try to put some distance between myself and others by not fishing the well trodden spots.there is almost always someplace a couple of poles away that will produce as good or better than the popular spots . good fish will be taken there all season ,and the crowds will thin considerably in the next few weeks.(until the fall) P.S stay off my rock!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2009, 09:50 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by striperjim View Post
Spot burning is not funny to the guys who seriously surfcast - protect the resource and respect their fellow anglers.

Congats to oily and the others on their fish. wtg.
the ripps is also a spot all are located at all bait stores and all maps of the canal
Old 05-27-2009, 09:56 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott7980 View Post
I was there too . As long as you wernot crazy enough two try and fish ** ** (edited spots) or the rips there was plenty of room. I got a couple in a spot that had pleanty of room and fish.
i thought this site was there to talk about were people were catching or not catching fish. but i get red flaged because i talked about a spot that if you have ever fished the canal you would already know. i dont think this is fair at all
Old 05-27-2009, 10:06 PM

Red flag reversed. No harm no foul.
Just being cautious for pot stirrers and trolls.
Specifics names of places are best left off the net.
We would expect it to be more general.
Having throngs of people spot chasing isnt fun for the guys who've busted their butts doing the homework.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:44 PM
Banned

Hit it last night into this morning and it was good fishing. Took two keepers 35" and 31" bunch of schoolies around.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:08 PM
Lunker

I never thought the CCC to be much of a secret.It's like any other hot spot,anyone that does fish, watch tv or can read knows there is good fishing there.Everyone of us had to be a newbi at one time.Lighten up alittle.VT
Old 05-28-2009, 12:13 AM
The worlds worst fisherman

psss... (whispering) there's fish in my aquarium. dont let anyone know. keepers too i heard.

on a serious note. any recipes?
Old 05-28-2009, 01:13 AM
Cow Catcher

I guess after geting some much needed sleep and thinking about this BS. Theres plenty of room just one guy kept crossing my line and got pissed.
Theres plenty more fish around then just the canal. Great to see everyone catching. Be there in the AM for a couple hours see if things are still stirring. But my other spots around the rocky shore line of RI are Top secret. =D
Old 05-28-2009, 09:57 AM
Young salt

I'm sure we can all agree that the Canal is no super-secret spot but some of you guys are missing the point (the general idea that is, not Chad LOL) entirely. Take a look at any public forum on this site and you'll notice that the number of views far outweighs the number of posts/responses in 90% of them. The point of not giving out your secret spot, or, honey-holes as they're called, isn't to be a dink or even to keep it a secret from the masses of upstanding members on this site. The canal may be a poor example as I don't know (not being from the area) if there are too many secret spots. Certain areas however, whether they're at the canal, Rhode Island or the coy pond in your step-uncle in law's backyard, have been studied and scouted for years by hardcore anglers. These guys have fished said spots daily and kept accurate logs of the dates, times, tides, temp, moon phase and which rerun of Seinfeld was on that evening for years and years (hence, putting in work). Posting these spots online, in an open forum where any Tom, Dick or Harry can swing by & read about them, catch a couple of cows then turn around and tell Ron, Dick and Larry.....and there you are, you officially have a spot burn!!!!! Look at the number of guys on here who have been active for a months, maybe even years, yet only have a couple posts to show for it. These are the guys, along with the weekend warrior internet trollers, who reap the benefits of these posts without contributing anything to the site. When in doubt remember the old saying "There's no such thing as a free lunch." Stick around long enough on here, ask questions, read and post your own findings and I GUARENTEE ya guys on this site will be more than happy to fish with ya and drag ya to their honey holes.

StriperHyper ~ Will
Old 05-28-2009, 11:43 AM
The Artist Formerly known as Jackbass
Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Point View Post
I guess after geting some much needed sleep and thinking about this BS. Theres plenty of room just one guy kept crossing my line and got pissed.
Theres plenty more fish around then just the canal. Great to see everyone catching. Be there in the AM for a couple hours see if things are still stirring. But my other spots around the rocky shore line of RI are Top secret. =D
most googs would log their trunks just attempting to get to the spots in Rhody Besides how do you get a sand spike into a rock? As always everyone knows that Quahog Flat in North Smithfield is the best striper spot around.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:46 AM
Banned

Nice post Will.....I think with all other coastline spots this conversation applies but anyone who has fished the canal more than a few times can say that there isn't one good spot...its extremely changeable. What seperates the guys that really know how to fish from the googs is the ability to walk away from a blitz and fish an area that isn't receiving attention......a good suggestion if your sick with getting lines crossed and looking at trash!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(3).jpg
Views:	36
Size:	167.8 KB
ID:	10944  
Old 05-28-2009, 11:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Point View Post
I wish they were top secret! Why there was goog tog poachers there last year?
Old 05-28-2009, 04:03 PM
The worlds worst fisherman

googan's delight, CCC how to guide

ummm.....spot burn whuut! this is why i didnt think it was a big deal that i said i caught fish in the canal, i mean im sure ya'll already knew about this site.... so dont yell at me, i'll go home.

And there is a two page post on how to fish black falcon pier in boston, where to park, what side of the pier to fish, what bait to use.