Buzzard Bay Fishaholic - Page 2 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts > Cape Cod Canal
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Cape Cod Canal The Ditch.

Old 05-18-2011, 07:58 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: Buzzard Bay Fishaholic

Oh where oh where have all the the strippers gone, oh where could you be?? My friends went out last night again and didn't even get a hit. Been waiting for the wave of fish which hasn't come or at least not my way. I thin NJ folks must have been telling fish stories, Anyone got some good news lately with a catching keeper stripers? If so share it brother!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2011, 10:19 AM
Young salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgonski View Post
Oh where oh where have all the the strippers gone, oh where could you be??

Ya may wanna try the Foxy Lady in Brockton or Crystal Palace in Worcester!!!!! LOL, but seriously man it's still early, I believe they will be showing up in droves in your neck of the woods any day now if they haven't already. Hell, I live in Maine and I've already been out for an hour here, an hour there 3 or 4 times......so far to no avail. Gonna be making my first official trip off the beach in OOB (home turf) this Friday night and/or Saturday afternoon depending on the weather. Went down to the beach on the river the other day but it was running pretty high.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:14 PM
Striper Hunter

Strippers have two "P's" since they have two breasts, I know this but I guess I had other thoughts on my mind since I couldn’t find any fish. Still have two free passes for the Foxy in my car which was pretty funny! Thanks for the morning laugh.
Striper update: I work nights so this information is 2nd hand BUT from a very reliable source. Buzzards Bay was on FIRE late afternoon early evening last night. Mackerel all over the place, fish hitting everything with blue in it even a spark plug lol. At least 10 fish over 36"… get the hell out there NOW they are here!!! Fish on!
Old 05-19-2011, 01:13 PM
Official Member

i caught a nice keeper on the south shore last weekend. i cant wait to get out again this weekend!
Old 05-19-2011, 10:53 PM
Striper Hunter

The boys went down the Ditch tonight, to the left of the herring run on that mussel bed and only got 1 fish tonight. It was supposedly insane yesterday, go figure?
Decisions decisions where to go fishing Saturday? Waiting for some more reports from friends before I decide, leaning towards putting in at Sandwich Marina and doing Cape Cod Bay but I will make that decision after Friday afternoon’s reports.
If anyone is catching fish at the Canal or at either entrance feel free to chime in. With the price of gas for the truck and the boat need all the help I can get.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:11 AM
Young salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgonski View Post
The boys went down the Ditch tonight, to the left of the herring run on that mussel bed and only got 1 fish tonight. It was supposedly insane yesterday, go figure?
Decisions decisions where to go fishing Saturday? Waiting for some more reports from friends before I decide, leaning towards putting in at Sandwich Marina and doing Cape Cod Bay but I will make that decision after Friday afternoon’s reports.
If anyone is catching fish at the Canal or at either entrance feel free to chime in. With the price of gas for the truck and the boat need all the help I can get.
I just posted in another forum about the canal yesterday.....it was en fuego. My buddy caught 40-50 stripers and none were under 30." His biggest was pushing 40" and bottomed out his scale at 25 lbs, though he thinks it weighed more than that. They are def. there, probably all had sore mouths after gorging on plugs all day. Get out and get 'em, they are there in LARGE numbers!!!!!
Old 05-20-2011, 12:24 PM
Striper Hunter

A little wet and cold out there this morning but in and out quickly, home in plenty of time so I am not rushing to get to work. Trolling with umbrella rigs in front of Hog Island west entrance with lead core line in about 30' of water. Definetly doing Buzzards bay Saturday again, man I am tierd though might have to sleep in on Saturday, peace
Attached Images

Old 05-23-2011, 12:52 PM
Striper Hunter

Thumbs up Re: Buzzard Bay Fishaholic

Went out yesterday saw a lot of Turns working the water not sure what they eating, couldn't see anything? Hooked up with one blue with a rubber/plastic Sand Eel, cut open the blue nothing in his stomach so who knows?
Went bottom fishing and filled the cooler with Sea Bass, got a 3.5 lb pound Scup, was the biggest Scup I have seen, wasn't supposed to keep that since Scup season doesn't open until Tuesday but..... Anyways, Dift fishing with a drift bag to keep us slow out by Clevelands Ledge, using a 4oz weight with clam and squid, light tackle good day of fishing. Freezer is getting there, last year this time the freezer was allready full with Stripers. Best of all used only 15 gallons of gas and we were out there most of the day and into the night, so glad the bottom fishing season is finally open.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:46 PM
Striper Hunter

Been slacking on my replies, went camping over the holiday week and fished on sweet water at Normandy Farms. Anyways, Monday late afternoon went out to Sow and Pigs Reef one small keeper there that was it. Then decided to try Quicks hole and as soon as got there I realized we were in the right place. The birds are diving, the water was boiling and a bunch of brown backs swimming around the top. We got there right before dusk and as soon as dusk hit everything quieted down and they were gone. Spent too much time at the reef and I kicked myself in the ass all the way home. Another blown Stella opportunity! Persistence is the name of the game so keep putting in the hours.