National Federal Registry / Saltwater License News - Page 3 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Striper Information & Services > Striped Bass Fishery Conservation / Politics / Management / News > Saltwater Licence Registry links /Regulations / Laws
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Saltwater Licence Registry links /Regulations / Laws State game thief and Poacher hotlines / U.S. State Trailering Laws / Registration & Guidelines / Regulations / DNRs / Wildlife fish and game / and other govermental agencies / Park service Pass / Fees / News , fishing bills, conservation, regulations pertaining to the striped bass

Old 02-26-2010, 12:53 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: National Federal Registry / Saltwater License News

There is no ceiling to what we might have to pay:

8. Is there a fee to register?
There is no fee to register in 2010. A fee will be required as of January 1, 2011.

9. How much will registration cost in 2011?
The fee for registering in 2011 has not been established yet, but NOAA estimates it will cost between $15 and $25.

10. How will the fee be determined?
According to Federal law, the registration fee will be calculated based on the cost to administer the program. That means that NOAA will look at the total amount of money it takes to run the registry, and divide that by the anticipated number of people registering. In other words, if the program costs $25,000 to operate and 1,000 people were registering, the fee would be $25 per angler.

https://www.countmyfish.noaa.gov/faq_registry.html

PART 600-MAGNUSON-STEVENS ACT PROVISIONS
Subpart P--Marine Recreational Fisheries of the United States

600.1410 Registry process.

(f) Fees. Effective January 1, 2011, persons registering with NMFS must pay an annual fee. The annual schedule for such fees will be published in the Federal Register. Indigenous people engaging in angling or spear fishing must register, but are not required to pay a fee.

https://www.countmyfish.noaa.gov/abo...Final_Rule.pdf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2010, 01:10 AM
First Mate

There is/may be a mistake with the questions about do I have to register.

I live in NJ which requires me to register but one of the questions is
Do you intend to purchase a license in one of these states-NY being one of them I will purchase a license in NY but it is an out of state license and this will not cover me for NJ-or will it???? ANY one know???
Old 03-27-2010, 07:08 AM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseystriper View Post
There is/may be a mistake with the questions about do I have to register.

I live in NJ which requires me to register but one of the questions is
Do you intend to purchase a license in one of these states-NY being one of them I will purchase a license in NY but it is an out of state license and this will not cover me for NJ-or will it???? ANY one know???
Unless NY fails to report their out of State purchasers, which would disqualify their status with NOAA, yes you will be covered.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:58 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

if you buy a licence for NY you will automatically be registered. now, do you still register as a NJ resident? i say yes as your state needs your count. as i have a licence in NY, will an officer in NJ deem me registered for NJ? i was told on the phone i am registered once i purchase a licence regardless as it is a federal registry so that makes me covered in any state

Old 03-28-2010, 09:44 PM
Official Member

Hi there, I live in NJ and i usually fish at like Sandy Hook. From what i have read from this thread, i am still unclear. I am guessing i have to register? And how would i register? can someone tell me please. Thanks
Old 03-28-2010, 10:09 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

just click and register.. i really should sticky this link as it makes it easier to register on the site.

https://www.countmyfish.noaa.gov/reg...anglerForm.jsp

Old 12-06-2010, 01:09 PM

NOAA announced that the fee for registering with the National Saltwater Angler Registry will be $15 as of January 1, 2011. The change affects anglers, spear fishers and for-hire fishing vessels in Hawaii, New Jersey, Puerto Rico and U.S.V.I., although some anglers are exempt.
Fishermen in other coastal states are exempted from the federal requirement when they comply with state saltwater license or registration regulations. Twenty-two of the nation's 24 coastal states have saltwater angler registries or licenses and have been exempted from the federal requirement because they are providing registry information to the National Saltwater Angler Registry.
For more information or to register, visit http://www.CountMyFish.noaa.gov or call toll-free 1-888-MRIP-411

A bill to provide a free registry in N.J. has passed in the Assembly by a 54 to 16 vote, but the companion bill in the Senate (S1122) is stuck in the Senate Environment Committee chaired by Sen. Robert Smith (D-Piscataway). Unless that bill is posted for a vote, N.J. anglers will be paying the $15 federal fee described above. That federal fee will do nothing for the fisheries, as it goes to the Treasury rather than to NOAA. Anglers should urge their state senator to pressure Smith to allow a vote on the free registry bill.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:03 AM

New Jersey anglers expecting a free saltwater registry by year's end will have to wait.
The bill, which passed in the Senate on Dec. 20, has to go back to the Assembly to have its language tweaked in order to be in agreement with existing law. The earliest it could reach Gov. Chris Christie's desk for signing would be Jan. 6.
It's either the free registry bill, or the $15 federal fee.

Fishermen who fish in federal waters or fish for anadromous species like striped bass, need to register with the NOAA's national registry.
www.countmyfish.noaa.gov

Before Jan. 1, 2011 The federal registry was still free and good for 365 days.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:00 PM
Striper Hunter

A823 Requires DEP to establish free recreational saltwater fishing registry.

Passed both Houses

1/6/2011 Received in the Assembly, 2nd Reading on Concurrence
1/6/2011 Passed Assembly (Passed Both Houses) (66-7-3)

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2010/Bi...000/823_R2.HTM
Old 02-23-2011, 07:18 AM
Official Member

Default Re: New Jersey Saltwater License / registry

(11/P21) TRENTON - Governor Christie signed a bill into law today that creates a free State saltwater fishing registry in New Jersey, one that will comply with federal requirements and will not financially impact the State's saltwater anglers.

The creation of a State registry will allow New Jersey anglers to avoid a $15 saltwater registration fee imposed by the federal government as of Jan. 1.

"Fishing from our shores has been and should remain free to our residents. Some simple pleasures in life should be not be subject to a new unfunded federal mandate,'' said Governor Christie.

Creation of a free State registry was lauded by the New Jersey Outdoor Alliance which worked closely with the Governor's Office and the DEP on this issue.
"We realize the DEP has profound responsibilities to protect public health, safety and the environment, all with increasingly limited room for budgetary maneuvers,'' said Anthony Mauro, chairman of the New Jersey Outdoor Alliance. "So we applaud DEP Commissioner Bob Martin for working to implement this bill in the most efficient means possible within his agency's current budget.''

Saltwater fishing is an important economic engine for New Jersey, providing 38,000 jobs and a $1.2 billion annual boost to the state's economy, noted Commissioner Martin.

"The DEP recognizes the importance of protecting and managing our marine resources for the benefit of the environment, hundreds of thousands of anglers who enjoy this resource, to our multi-billion dollar tourism industry, and the thousands of jobs related to saltwater fishing,'' said Commissioner Martin, who thanked the New Jersey Outdoor Alliance for its efforts.

"We will work to get this new registry on line as soon as possible,'' Commissioner Martin added.

Beginning on Jan. 1, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration required saltwater anglers in states like New Jersey without a state saltwater fishing registry or saltwater fishing license to pay $15 to register with that agency. The registry requirement is part of an effort to improve the quality of data used in fisheries management, according to NOAA.

Old 02-23-2011, 08:52 PM

PENNSYLVANIA EXEMPT FROM NATIONAL SALTWATER REGISTRY FOR 2011. PFBC 2011
released on January 19, 2011 that PA anglers will be exempt from the saltwater registry for the 2011 season on the Delaware River for stripers, shad and herring. Anyone need to contact about this release call Eric Levis at 717-705-7802 or e-mail [email protected].

Keep in mind you still need a Pa. freshwater license to fish the entire Delaware River

http://www.fish.state.pa.us/newsrele...r_registry.htm
Old 03-31-2011, 02:21 AM

Latest updates as of March 31,2011

This is a brief summary of the Saltwater License / Registry

Because of the differences in state policies, NH residents will pay a higher fee to fish in NH coastal waters than will residents of Maine
or Massachusetts.
Maine saltwater licenses are free to their residents but a non-resident will have to pay $15 for the Maine license.
Although New Hampshire has offered reciprocity covering the entire coastline to Maine residents who hold a Maine saltwater license,
Maine has only offered to allow reciprocity to New Hampshire residents who hold a New Hampshire saltwater license to a limited amount of water extending to Cape Neddick.
Massachusetts instituted a $10 license / permit but grants reciprocity to its neighbors.
Rhode Island is a saltwater license state as is Connecticut and both offer border water reciprocities at this time.
New York and New Jersey likely will be the only registry states.
NJ registry is expected to cost each angler $2 eventually but this year it is $15 until the registry is set up and approved by the NOAA.
New Yorks new legislation makes the registry free at least for two years.
There is a two year moratorium on the NY Saltwater Fishing License Fee as part of the Environmental Conservation budget bill.
This moratorium takes effect immediately upon the budget being signed into law. Be aware that the moratorium does not take effect until the 2011-2012 state budget is signed into law by the Governor.
All existing fees associated with the Saltwater Fishing License remain in effect until then. All the budget bills are to be approved by the end of March 30th 2011 or March 31st 2011 with the Governor’s approval following shortly thereafter.

In Delaware FIN Registration is MANDATORY for all resident and non-resident anglers.
The fee for an annual resident fishing license remains $8.50. The non-resident fee has increased from $15 to $20 per year
Delaware has no reciprocity agreement with any state at this time.

Virginia and PRFC are reciprical.
Va license is $17.50 and out of state is $25.
Maryland is the only state with a reciprocity agreement with Virginia.
That said, licensed Marylanders who fish in Virginia will need to
register with the Virginia Fisherman Identification Program.

Thread link to U.S East Coast Online license purchase

Count My fish .org
http://www.countmyfish.noaa.gov/index.html