Tallassahatchee Creek Alabama Pictures - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Interior States and Landlocked Striper Forums > Alabama Stripers
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Old 09-18-2007, 04:45 AM

Default Tallassahatchee Creek Alabama Pictures

Kelly sent me thes pictures to post that she caught in her creek in Ohatchee, Alabama last month

We usually catch them on a white & black redfin that you can see hanging out of the mouth of the 12lb stripe and tangled in the net in the 16 Jul07 photo.
My oldest son is home for the month during this portion of his pharmacy school rotation and he caught a 10lb Saturday evening. It is supposed to rain this week so the day after it rains we may catch some more.
The largest stripe I've caught weighed 17lbs. I caught it in Tallassahatchee creek. It runs through the back part of our property (53acres). There are alot of huge fish a lot bigger than the one I caught. The creek is currently very low, but, there are a few spots where the stripe come up from the Coosa River into our creek and stay under the rapids and if you go down there at just the right time and throw your lure behind the falls and pull it down over the falls they might hit.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2007, 04:47 AM

Default Re: Tallassahatchee Creek Alabama Pictures

July 16th Kelly Clopton At the Creek
This summer I caught a couple of 10lb (29 Aug07), a 12lb (16 Jul07), a 16 lb3oz (21 Jul07), and this 17lb (29 Aug07). They gave me a workout. My husband had not gotten home from work yet when I caught the 2 largest ones. My husband caught one last year in that creek that weighed 23lbs.

Kelly Clopton

Old 09-18-2007, 04:48 AM

16 pound 3 ounces. July 16th.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2007, 07:43 AM
LunkerSpunker

Nice fish, if that is the creek in the background of the first pic, that is amazing there are such large fish and Stripers to boot. Awesome!
Old 09-21-2007, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterBaiter View Post
Nice fish, if that is the creek in the background of the first pic, that is amazing there are such large fish and Stripers to boot. Awesome!
Baiter, stripers down here will migrate to cool water creeks during the summer to avoid the heat. Some will starve to death just to stay in the "comfort zone".

Great pics, striperjim...thanks for sharing!

— Jed Clampett
Old 07-29-2009, 01:30 PM

I am a little confused about this post b/c Tallasahatchee Creek flows into Lay Lake and is a long way from Ohatchee, which is right below Neely Henry Lake. Were the stripers caught in Tall... Creek or in the Ohatchee area -- or are there two Tall.. Creeks? Just curious.

Thanks for the post. It's unbelievable how big the fish get that are in these small creeks in the summer. Also I was wondering, is it generally true that a good rain helps spring-fed creeks in the summer, as the poster said?