So, the canal finally blew up this weekend - Page 4 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts > Cape Cod Canal
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Cape Cod Canal The Ditch.

Old 05-31-2009, 11:15 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: So, the canal finally blew up this weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKBAYJ View Post
You maybe hitting a changing tide around that time and could probably throw some bait. But your best jigging once it starts moving.

ok thanks for the heads up im still a noob with the tides still trying to understand them a little better. So would that mean around 9 30ish would be a better time to start just becuase of the diferent tide changes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2009, 11:09 AM
The worlds worst fisherman

No no absolutly catch the changing tide! Because you can soak bait then or plug productivly, once the water starts moving, anything that you throw will end up on the shore in two seconds. Get a fist full of bucktail jigs 2-4oz your going to lose at least one or two, and some line so bring back up.

As far as bait shops there is cape cod charlies right at the buzzards bay rotary(mainland side) last exit on the rotary heading underneath the bridge on the right, and the canal bait and tackle.google them there both on there. Thier both open to about 8 o'clock.

If you go to charlies pick up some 3oz bucktail blanks with barbs and sluggos, also good for jigging.

I'm on my iphone right now or i would post links if i could but i cant, but google the army corp of engineers cape cod canal navigation and just look for the tide table. Look for when the tide turn east or west thats when it slacks....

I hope this helps and i hope i didnt burn a bait shop spot.

Last edited by Oily Maroo; 06-01-2009 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Spellin n stuff
Old 06-01-2009, 11:42 AM
The worlds worst fisherman

Can any one with knowledge of an island that rhymes with "smash knee" P.M. me, i have a question about basic info regarding parking and access, i know im new at fishing, and you guys want me to do my time, but im very respectful, i wont cross lines, and i fish by myself. My question can be answered in simple yes and no's. I heard fishing stories about it the other day chit chatin at the flats, i should of went down there but i was running late. Now im researching it, any help would be much appreciated.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:29 PM
Still Learning

Exclamation Re: So, the canal finally blew up this weekend

OK so know I know there's fish in the canal (or isn't), think I'll join all the other wallyworlders when I'm on vacation next week. Caught my first this weekend-schoolie on Bass river.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:36 AM
Banned

Ive been staying down at the canal since saturday.... Very windy and slow fishing... Jigging is the way to go as of late. However sweeping plugs through the current has been semi-productive. Still no real topwater action...cloudy morning in 4 hours might help if the wind shuts down...found fish in areas where the sw wind pushed bait in close, only schoolies chasing though as it was to bright and not enough bait for the big guys to involve themselves.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon006 View Post
Ive been staying down at the canal since saturday.... Very windy and slow fishing... Jigging is the way to go as of late. However sweeping plugs through the current has been semi-productive. Still no real topwater action...cloudy morning in 4 hours might help if the wind shuts down...found fish in areas where the sw wind pushed bait in close, only schoolies chasing though as it was to bright and not enough bait for the big guys to involve themselves.

Aint that the truth- lol. It was nice to meet you, Jon. You didn't miss much after you left. The typical "schoolies under the lights" were around, but nothing of size and they were picky, refusing even my magical yellow darter :) I paid in spades for that bridge schoolie you saw, as my back is just a friggin mess today. My game is so off now, its not funny. It was nice to get out though...
Old 06-02-2009, 04:04 PM
Striper Hunter

was at the canal last night from 7-11 caught a couple black sea bass which was odd. but no stripers the guys next to me down the rocks by about 40 yards caught a keeper and a few others ones all in the span of 20 minutes then went dead again going try again some time next week some time.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 string bass View Post
Aint that the truth- lol. It was nice to meet you, Jon. You didn't miss much after you left. The typical "schoolies under the lights" were around, but nothing of size and they were picky, refusing even my magical yellow darter :) I paid in spades for that bridge schoolie you saw, as my back is just a friggin mess today. My game is so off now, its not funny. It was nice to get out though...
It's such a small world huh Chris....took me a while to even realize you were wearing a Stripercoast hat.....hell I was going to head back to my room at that point but staying for an extra hour kept the skunk away....Just checked the bank account and I didn't blow it out as bad as I thought I had so I will probably do another 2 day trip next week....but I think I might take the drive to hit the waves close by...........just have to throw a hundred or two at one of those land owners to secure parking so I don't get towed.........