Rats aside...... - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Delaware River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Delaware River A Forum for The Delaware River guys.

Old 05-04-2013, 11:40 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Default Rats aside......

Besides catching a thousand bass 12"-18" or 100 20"-25" fish has anyone had really a banner season so far? Just wondering but over the last 3 years numbers have been in steady decline looking back 6 years my logs show a dramatic decline in large spawning fish from 6 years ago til now.
Last year there was an above average number of small bass this year it also appears the same as well so 7-8 years down the line we can look forward to a slight rebound but as of now it seems to be on a downslope. Honestly even the numbers of slots has been down this year with compared to the last 2 previous spring runs up to this date in may.
Could it be possible the delaware river stock took a few big hits as a by catch to the netters down south?
Maybe the effects of sandy rerouted our stock to other waters this year and we will have to wait til next year for them to return?
How many have heard of a solid report of #50 class and up? Shoot I haven't heard of large numbers of #40 class fish.
Spawners come in the river to spawn but they need to feed and usually do except for rare occasions those bass that just run up spawn and run back out completely depleted then forage in the bay before hitting the Atlantic.
I always take the good with the bad but this year has been kinda really bad. I put a lot of time on the water each and every year and I'd like to think I'm pretty in tuned as to what's going on striped bass wise this year I'm at a stand still as how to take look at this season.
Maybe PA needs to revisit the slot fish option and go back to strickly catch and release. I'm all for putting a fish on the table for the fam but maybe I might have to rethink it when it comes to the Big D for a few years. I have limited my take to 2 per spring personally.
I'm worried about the future of our striped bass on the Big D. I'd really like to see some preliminary reports from PFBC on they annual striped bass assessment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2013, 10:09 AM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: Rats aside......

Mu i know u disagree but the the Dredging definitely effects the habit of these fish. When we were fishing yesterday on the out going the water was like a cloud of mud going by. Take a look at ur log. Since the dredging started the cows have been declining.