Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Welcome to Louisiana Fishing.

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  CaptainDevin 
#1 ·
Hello all! My name is Captain Devin and I own and operate an intracoastal charter near New Orleans named Swamp Stallion Fishing Adventures.

The United Sates as a whole has the best outdoors any person can appreciate. What makes Louisiana especially unique is that we have the world's most nutrient-rich and diverse estuaries, the Mississippi River Delta. The river alone provides excellent fishing, but what also gives Louisiana her nickname as "Sportman's Paradise" are the vast tracts of marsh and swamp created by the Mississippi River. Bodies of water like Bayou LaLoutre, Oak River and Terre aux Bouef are all old paths of the Mighty Mississippi. There are literally thousands of ponds, bayous, lagoons, bays, islands and lakes that serve as home to a multitude of fish.

Because of how rich our fishery is, we have very liberal creel limits. Louisiana is one of the few places you find charters that don't charge extra for whole day trips, because the mission of the fishing trip isn't a time limit but rather putting you on a lot of fish.

In Louisiana, we are allowed to keep 25 trout, 10 flounder and 5 redfish per person. This can make for some impressive dock shots! There are also other fish we catch, like spanish mackerel and white trout. In Louisiana there is no limit on white trout as there are simply that many of them. One day we caught 170!

While I spend time on this board I am interested in learning more about the kind of fishing y'all do here on Stripers 24/7 as well as techniques that are employed. Meanwhile, go ahead and feast your eyes on some eye candy and realize there is more than just Bourbon Street in the Big Easy.

Captain Devin Denman
contact@swampstallionfishingadventures.com
Visit the best Speckled Trout and Redfish Charter in Louisiana
Like my Facebook Page
Captain Devin's Fishing Blog

Captain Devin Denman
contact@swampstallionfishingadventures.com
Visit the best Speckled Trout and Redfish Charter in Louisiana
Like my Facebook Page
Captain Devin's Fishing Blog

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.