Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Adirondack Lake Trout

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Mitford'16 
#1 ·
I'm heading up to the Adirondacks for a few weeks in early July with my wife and kids. My campers busted so I'll be towing my boat up. I'm interested in catching some Lake Trout. I'll be at Raquette Lake and Lake George. Has anyone ever fished for lakers up there? Is a downrigger a must? Any tips for catching them, browns or rainbows?

Thanks

#2 ·
Hey there,

There are some nice lakers in lake goerge. I know most people now are trolling for them but I know if you have your boat you might be able to jig them up also. I have fished for them around the sagamore. There is a point there and some deep water.
I don't know where you are staying but if you get off 87 north at exit 20, go north through the town and shops and just as you start going up the hill there will be fish307 on the left. It is about .3 miles. Those guys know what is going on in lake george and will know more about lakers up there. They also have a web site fish307.com. They have a forum and phone number I am sure they will help you out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.