Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

brook trout

Tags
brook trout
4K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  zimno1 
#1 ·
I was curious if anyone in the midcoast maine area go brook trout fishing?

#2 ·
not sure about midcoast but i know some good places in the windham area send me a msg if you want the details. i'd love to go before the water gets low. the water level is key to a couple of the spots around here but not all of them. there is still snow at the ski resorts so there is still water in my trout brooks. :wink1:

#3 ·
Here is a pic of the first brookie I ever caught,while in New Brunswick,on a hunting trip,It was huge I tell ya huge,(well mabey if you looked at it thru a magnifing glass or multiplied the length or something) did catch some around 9 inch,the size limit for keeper was 6 inch...They are a pretty fish though...sam

#9 ·
Well you see Dave I like to start out small and work my way up (room for improvement):redbiggrin:.I did however see some fish that looked to be around 18 or so plus inches,they just watched as my bait swam right in front of them.The hunting guide says what I saw was landlocked salmon.I was between campleton and bathurst.they had streams witht hte atlantic salmon running in them but was off limits for fishing,or you had to have a special salmon tag or something,yes we were bear hunting.And starsandstripers,I too fish with some rainbows about that size in the wintertime and spring rockfish run in the roanoke river if I can keep em alive to the fish arrive in weldon,Ive used the golden trout too but had better luck on the rainbows.When I was catching the small brookies I was thinking,boy would this be some more good striper bait back home.The guides bragged on how good they were,I dont think they have ever had striper! sam

#11 ·
dave, your killin me! this has been another year i have been laid up for something as my wife had surgery in july, i had all of august out on comp and have not seen a fish since late june. just back to work and still sore. got a bad toothache and have to now address that tomorrow. the vicodin is my best friend now and all i can say is nice fish there! i promise i will come up. pm me and give me all the poop. i wanna make sure i go when you can hook me up like that. now gonna take the misses to teach her how to flyrod. i hope there will be some bluefish around at least. the pills will take the edge off my already heightened awareness of potential frustration. perhaps she will join me and come up for a real trip for some good trout. :shocked:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.