Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

My five year old daughter nails the brown trout!

4K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  mradford 
#1 ·
We went out fishing on Tuesday afternoon in an area creek and my 5 year old hauled in these browns ranging from 14 to 15 inches. I have to admit I helped her cast but she landed the them all herself on an ultralight and four lb test. She even had to walk them to a gravel bar as I had no net. Another one even broke her off!
Fun day -Makes you remember what it's all about.
-Happy Dad:smile:

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
One of the best things you can do as a parent is teach your kids to fish! I can never thank my father enough for teaching me (although he didn't really teach me, he taught me how to teach myself) Some of the best memories in my life are fishing with the old man!

I have the utmost respect for parents that take there kids fishing. Its not easy but its so rewarding, on top of that she brought in trout, normally when you think kids and fishing were talking about sunnies, bluegills, maybe a bass....GREAT STUFF....

Ironically I learned on a trout stream as well!

#10 ·
Now that I'm an old fart when i go to family gatherings i have a few young women in there twenties and thirties come up to me and ask me if i remember the TIME i took them fishing. Of course i remember As an old fart these are some of my best memories. Its not the fish its the people I've fished with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.