Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Sea Run Trout

Tags
run sea trout
2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  valhalla 
#1 ·
As the first two weeks of the trout season was coming close to an end I didn't know if I was going to cross the line I had drawn in the sand. To catch a 4 lb or better sea run. That weather man was calling for four days of northeasters, the fisherman's plague. Saturday morning came and he was right on winds northeast 20-30 kms. so cold your hands had a life span of 60 seconds out of your gloves!! Not a fish caught on the river. The winds calmed long enought over night to form sheet ice on sections of the bay, then picked up with the rising sun. Only a couple of fish caught on the whole river, all before the wind started again. Monday morning came and only myself and two other fools on the whole river. The winds had dropped again over night, maybe this is my window of opportunity before it starts to blow.The sky began to show signs to the east of the start of a new day. The fish should start any minute now if they are going to feed at all today,10 minutes,then 20, then 30 pass still nothing. The first fish should have been landed by now it's sunrise. Just then I feel a bump, ready.. wait.. wait..nothing maybe a weed? I bring the minnow in for an examination, it was a hit the minnow showed the tell-tale signs of his brush with a big fish. I spend the next hour working my presentations and every other trick on this fish, still I don't even get a tap. Then I feel a hit, open the bail and wait.. the line starts to move.. close the bail and as the line tightens up the set. She's on and the five'n'half foot ultra-light bends almost to form a "U". Three times she heads to the bay and three times I try to get off of the old bridge and three times she goes back under the bridge with the incoming tide,but the last time I managed to clear the guardrail and scramble down the rocks grabbing my net on the way. Once more she runs to open water where she finishes her fight before being landed. She's weighs in at 4lbs even. A great fish, a great fight and a great memory.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.