ugly stik catfish rod rod casting plugs from boat - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Equipment & Tackle --- How To / Do It Yourself Forums > Rods And Custom Rod Building
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Rods And Custom Rod Building Discuss on fishing rods & on custom rod building here. Saltwater and freshwater Rods

Old 09-30-2012, 09:50 PM
Official Member

Default ugly stik catfish rod rod casting plugs from boat

Hey all... first post here. My girlfriend needs a rod to use on the boat here on the James river for striper, and most of the lures I have to use are 3/4oz on up to 3oz. Some of these are also my surf lures that I think would work well in the river. Was wondering if anyone's tried the ugly stik catfish rod for this application. The 3/8-3oz rating seems perfect for the lures I plan to use, but was curious as to whether a fiberglass rod would perform as well. Open to any input. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2013, 09:11 AM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: ugly stik catfish rod rod casting plugs from boat

Hey Will, I fish the James as well. I live about 1:15mins from Hopewell. I have uglystiks with Abu Garcia 7000's for the most part, and fish for catfish and striper in the James. The Med/Heavy ugly stiks seem to be the perfect compromise between both styles of fish. Gimme a shout next time you head out there. I think all this rain may have changed the patterns for us this October.