Your Plug Bag? - Page 5 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Surfcasting Central
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Surfcasting Central A forum for Rockhoppers, Sandmen, Beachbuggies, etc.

View Poll Results: Your Plug Bag
Aquaskins 49 23.00%
Van Staal 22 10.33%
Hunter 5 2.35%
BW 14 6.57%
Canyon 21 9.86%
Precision Pac 16 7.51%
Dakine Patrol Surf Pack 1 0.47%
Bronco 20 9.39%
Other 98 46.01%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-02-2011, 12:00 AM
Scot Paton

Default Re: Your Plug Bag?

Love my Penn bag!! Tons of room, with room for the biggest plugs! Can't go wrong!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2011, 04:20 PM
The Artist Formerly known as Jackbass
Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by striper774 View Post
I have two a/s bags,small tall,small short.Not big bags but they will be fine for a green surf caster.
you will be more than fine with one of them at a time. You will notice as time goes on you will gravitate towards certain plugs and jigs and the rest stay in the bag. I try to double up on everything I have to have out there in one Bag. Two Yellow needles two white darters etc. maybe a swimming plug or two depending on where I am fishing. I try to set up a couple of bags in the truck for different spots and conditions and rotate stuff in and out as the season progresses.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:15 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark P View Post
you will be more than fine with one of them at a time. You will notice as time goes on you will gravitate towards certain plugs and jigs and the rest stay in the bag. I try to double up on everything I have to have out there in one Bag. Two Yellow needles two white darters etc. maybe a swimming plug or two depending on where I am fishing. I try to set up a couple of bags in the truck for different spots and conditions and rotate stuff in and out as the season progresses.
Mark,that's how those bags are set up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2011, 04:50 PM
Poseidon Custom Rods

right now ive got a as small bag/ dont like it. Holds a lot of water doesnt drain enough and that doesn't help when im underwater and it doesn't have enough velcro.

commando 3 tube custom white bag is coming soon though
Old 10-18-2011, 10:14 PM
Striper Hunter

Day bag is Aqua skinz Elite Pro Hunter Series double barrel bag & bucktail pouch. Night bag is one row VS.
Gonna switch that for another double barrel bag from Kadir, two double barrels & bucktail pouch is gonna be my new night time set up.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:53 AM
Official Member

As I said in earlier post, on the west coast, we use fanny packs mostly...But I have many packs set up for different types of fishing locations..One for heavy rods, one for smaller2 oz lures..One for fishing more tranquill water in our bays,,And the last one is for fly fishing the bays..Got these Eagle Claw bags for $10 years ago in different colors ,so I would'nt get confused & grab the wrong one when I got a call from friends about bass runs...They had D rings for attaching gear....But they stopped making them a few trs back..Occasionally you see a old timer with the Army surplus ammo pouches on belts..But most are long gone....Jim
Old 02-19-2012, 12:50 PM
Official Member

HPA!

This is my 2012 Chest Pack holds about 9 plugs and lures

Old 07-27-2012, 10:55 PM
Official Member

Lately I've been fishing a custom bronco bucktail pouch on the belt, and then a Aquaskins Sm/T plug bag with a few plastics here and there in the side pockets.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:27 AM
Official Member

i've been looking to get my first plug bag. I would like to spend as little as possible, but def don't want to buy something that will fall apart after one use. I figure that will leave me between the 50-100 dollar range.

I would love something like the old bronco bags that are not made anymore, I was thinking about the shimano bluewave, or the bronco lookalike on ebay. Does anyone have any info on the ebay bags? maybe pics? I don't like the BW(outdoor etc) because it just seems cheap, the same with a few of those others. Also is anyone familiar with the bags dick's sporting goods caries? I like the extra storage like the bluewave has so, something along those lines would be cool.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:17 PM
Official Member

After a few days of research and deliberation i just went to Dick's and bought the precision pak marine shield II(i believe) for $40 on sale. I have only used it once, but am very happy with it. This is my first surf bag fyi...

The quality seems pretty good, strong stitching and fabric is smooth and will hopefully not catch hooks too bad. the whole thing is padded, i guess for weight/durability/comfort which is good.The shoulder strap is thick and padded, with pockets and is very adjustable. its nice and deep, which was a big plus for me. lots of pockets and storage, a removable ziplock bag system i put small bucks,rubber shads, etc in.

There are a few things that i didn't like such as there only being one 5 square tube row, when it is obviously made for two rows, but i got another row and took care of that. I also wish there were a few more slots for bucks/tins. There a large pouch on the back and two small ones on the front with no drainage holes, and it seems like they will fill up with water. It is a bit large, given its depth, plus i put the extra row in(which fits snug as a bug), but i don't really mind it.

This is my first surf bag so i have nothing to judge it on. But for me at that price and the quality so far, it seems like a good buy. Hope this helps anyone who was in the same position as me a week ago.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:36 PM
Surf Maniac

I am shocked you did not ad Mak to your choices.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:08 AM
Official Member

Idk if your talking to me mark, but I don't have hundreds to spend on a bag right now.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:28 PM
First Mate

When it comes to bags/tubes. The square ones are the way to go. Less waisted space.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:48 PM
Striper Hunter

The surfcaster makes a good bag that is priced fairly. It holds up well.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:42 PM
Official Member

I really don't use a plug bag anymore. I use the single Aquaskins Elite Hunter Pro Side Arm which fits on your surf belt. I use three of them, sometimes 4. I also use a leader wallet for all the swivels and junk like that and a soft plastics belt pouch, which fits all sorts of smaller stuff. Pretty much everything is on the belt. I've found this system really simplifies the game. I do have an Aqua Skins 8 tube (circular) bag with double front and side pouches but that only comes when I have someplace to set it down. If I bring that bad boy, I'm totin firepower second to none. When I travel, like up the Cape or our to Rhode Island, I bring it, also I take it on the boat.

Generally, the belt concept is the way to go though, you don't need that many lures and the single tubes are beyond awesome. I first tried those awful Lure Tubes and between them falling off my belt due to their chinsey clips or the covers just popping off, I literally threw them into a park garbage can one night and went back the drawing board.

Trust me, the Side Arm is phenomenal...but expensive . I added a tube here and there until I accumulated 5. Its a really slick system.