Briggs says "Hi" - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > The Striper Forum
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

The Striper Forum All things Striper. Striped Bass Fishing Room Born on date March 11 2004.

Old 05-09-2012, 02:12 AM
Striper Hunter

Default Briggs says "Hi"

Briggs (Craig) says he'll be back in about 4 years and if anybody would like to write to him or "please send any pictures of him or anyone" to:

Craig Greenslade
#136862 AL-2T
Medium One
P.O box 8274
Cranston, R.I. 02920

and "thank you for your support".

Seems like a nice guy & loves to fish, but can't for a while.

Brad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2012, 10:27 AM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Default Re: Briggs says "Hi"

Where is he?? he hasn't been on the board here in years... there are only a handfull of us here that remember the king of clam bellies!
Old 05-09-2012, 03:36 PM
Striper Hunter

A.C.I., I don't know how long he's been there.

I doubt that they have any kind of computer access.

I do some volunteer work there, the topic of fishing came up, we connected on that & he asked me to get in touch with you guys.

Brad
Old 05-09-2012, 04:00 PM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad S View Post

I do some volunteer work there, the topic of fishing came up, we connected on that & he asked me to get in touch with you guys.

Brad
I'll definatly drop him a line.. he was one of the originals here...aint many of us left...
Old 05-10-2012, 03:17 PM
First Mate

That sucks. I met Briggs a few years ago when I went fishin with jacob aka baitrunner down in Narragansett bay. Sweet boat Briggs had too. Was a good day!

Hey Joe, sold my boat in April last year. Maybe a new one this weekend and I'll be back in the mac trying to land safely on dock... Been a tough run the last few...

Say hi to Briggs, I've got a photo or two from that day. Maybe I'll shoot him a postcard...

--captcal
Old 05-10-2012, 04:36 PM
Young salt

I never met Briggs but I do remember him from way back when I joined the site back in '08. Helluva nice guy, good to know he still keeps in touch with the 247 crew. I'll def be sending him a post card/letter and/or some pictures here in the near future. You said he won't be back for 4 years, is he ok? I have no idea why he left, just kinda dropped off the map there for awhile. Wasn't he in the military, is/was he deployed? Any way thanks for saying hi, good to see/hear from an old familiar face.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:24 AM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by captcal View Post
That sucks. I met Briggs a few years ago when I went fishin with jacob aka baitrunner down in Narragansett bay. Sweet boat Briggs had too. Was a good day!

Hey Joe, sold my boat in April last year. Maybe a new one this weekend and I'll be back in the mac trying to land safely on dock... Been a tough run the last few...

Say hi to Briggs, I've got a photo or two from that day. Maybe I'll shoot him a postcard...

--captcal
Jeeze... I was just thinking about you the other night.. trying to remember your screen name... i know you had alot going on.. lots of fish in the river right now...some real nice ones too.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad S View Post

Brad
Hi Brad,
Be sure to tell him Hi for me!! I tried calling him a while back and his phone was out of service.

Some threads from way back when....

https://www.stripers247.com/phpBB2/showthread.php?t=31

https://www.stripers247.com/phpBB2/showthread.php?t=2107

https://www.stripers247.com/phpBB2/showthread.php?t=1371

https://www.stripers247.com/phpBB2/showthread.php?t=8710
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Briggs-bass.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	16007  
Old 05-12-2012, 02:48 PM

Im still attracted to this site like a magnet just because of the friends Ive met and the characters I've had the pleasure to fish and laugh with. Whenever I have the time to get online these days which is few and far between I inevitably look at a few subscribed threads and still feel good about fishing and people. *** Especially all you guys in this thread. I had the great pleasure of meeting you all in person at one time or another in Jamestown R.I., Beavertail or Fort Ghetty or Maine. Great memories of meeting and BSing with Joe was hands down the best of them period.
It was our first gathering in 05 or so. Not everybody I've met through the site online turned out great but even the guys I ended up not getting along with I have fun memories of, especially the fishing.
I met Craig and his lovely wife at Beavertail picnic slash fishing outing. Brad S. I met at the Fort Ghetty daytime kayaking. Jake and his lovely family I met at almost every outing we went to, especially fun was Beavertail, Jamestown, Capecod, Popham Beach, and Sacco.
Will, I met in York, I think and Biddeford.
Hope you guys remember me. Im also not fishing these days secondary to health reasons. (Your health is your wealth) but I have outstanding memories of men. I consider you guys friends I will have forever if only in my memory. Brad please say hello to old clam bellie Craig. As Joe mentioned Craig truly was an original. I think he might have been like one of the first 5 members. Anyhow the stroll down memory lane brightened my day. Happy fishing - I have some errands to run today. Im working physical rehab this year to get back to the water. I love to breathe the salt air.
Hope to get on this site here more often and poke around with my two cents. Not advice thankfully maybe just a few stories.

***When I bookmarked the page only three guys made comments. Now I can add Will (stryperhyper) and Jake and Cal to the list.
There is a bunch of unread pms in my box when i get the opportunity I will pm back. sorry it taking so long please dont feel like Im ignoring them.
Personal issues preclude me from internet time.
Old 05-12-2012, 03:23 PM
Young salt

Hey Jim, good to see ya around these parts again. Sorry to hear about your health issues man, I hope you can get back out there at some point and do some fishing. As far as where ya met me, well, u were close, LOL. It was 4 years ago in Old Orchard Beach at the gathering. It was the first year I joined the site and you guys were staying at that little hole-in-the-wall campground (Ne're East or something like that?) near my house. Mainesurfcasta (I wanna say Chris?) helped out with renting a couple of rotiserries and acquiring a few pigs and I showed ya around to some of the local markets like Radley's and Walmart down in Biddeford. The first time I pulled in that campground, you were on your way out, I saw your truck and for SOME reason said "Yup, that's gotta be StriperJim." Jacob was there as well with his wife and his two (at the time) small children, who I remmeber quite fondly. The "maintenance man" at the campground who came to "check on us" (i.e. get free food and beer) every half hour, I can still see that guy's face to this day. I didn't catch a thing that weekend but the stories shared, the food and shooting the shit with a bunch of fisherman as crazy as myself is a memory that I'll hold onto for the rest of my life. Great catching up with ya and I hope all is well with you and yours Jimmy.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:58 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

This is a sad mothers day for me. But sadder that we are all a somewhat disbanded lot. But as far as this knucklehead is concerned? Most may never have met such colorful charismatic gents as we have. We all owe jim gratitude for creating what became a love of friends that melded through a screen and on the computer keyboard. When i saw the name briggs...... it all came back to a time we cherish (you know who you are) I AM SORRY TO ALL OF YOU FOR NOT BEING A TRUE FRIEND AS I BELIEVE ONE SHOULD BE. Forgive me that.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:36 AM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

zim hit the nail on the head... Jim brought together a bunch or rag tag fishermen turned key board crunchers and created a family.. none ( or very few of us) knew each other... there was a chemistry that developed...and judging from the responses on this thread... it still exists today...
Old 05-14-2012, 11:46 AM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

I know I have more pictures.. probably at home...

here is one from the beaver tail outing as well a pic. of jim and Zim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1595.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	16017   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1599.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	16018   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zim and Jim.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	16019  
Old 05-22-2012, 01:22 PM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

Briggs says hi caught my eye....
Im so glad i found this thread. the past few years have been super busy..a lot of life changes, but lateley ive been missing some people BIGTIME...people i met here. my heart is stirring up the motivation to make some time to reconnect this year. ok..enough mushy stuff..the bass are back in town...time to wet a line.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:48 PM

Good to hear from you again Jim, and so glad to know you're OK. What Zim said is so true, and we're all thankful to you for bringing us together and sparking friendships that would otherwise have never been. I'm going to try to put together a gathering of sorts sometime this season. I don't care if I even wet a line, but it would really be great to see some of you guys again.