Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

You're really not a fisherman until

Tags
fisherman
19K views 90 replies 47 participants last post by  StriperJunkie 
#1 ·
You lose at least 1 trolling motor and battery, fishing rod, tackle box and reel at the bottom of your lake.

#5 ·
you fish for bass on the beach in cold november, build a fire, trip on the way to getting your pole which is bent in half with fish on, only to knock the pole and spike down on top of the fire and burn the line only to say bye bye 30lb bass! i witnessed this done by my pal Monk and he's never allowed near matches again!

#7 ·
Your not a real fisherman till you wipe out in the marsh/at the trestle!!!!

I wipe out every year lol. Usually towards the tail end of the season, around Sept., when its dewey out. Slipped on the stones which hold the trestle up last year, feet went up over my head, landed on my neck, 2 feet to left and I woulda went in tha water...outgoing tide lol. THis year I was jumping down from the trestle to get to my spot like I usually do, only 2 feet down. Well mid-way down, I realized one of my St. Croix rods was under my feet. Moved myself in mid air to avoid snapping it (it was leaning up against the stone), and totally wiped out. Came down, hit my lawn chair, slipped off that, into the cooler and the cooler slid to the edge of the stone. Phew. Almost went in again.

I was alone both times, fishing at night LOL.

#8 ·
you fish for bass on the beach in cold november, build a fire, trip on the way to getting your pole which is bent in half with fish on, only to knock the pole and spike down on top of the fire and burn the line only to say bye bye 30lb bass! i witnessed this done by my pal Monk and he's never allowed near matches again
This one needs to go into dumb and dummerer. :lol:
http://stripers247.com/phpBB2/showthread.php?t=4&highlight=dumb

#11 ·
Your not a real fisherman if your interested in what the weather is going to be like.

Your not a real fisherman until your out in the dark on the beach and your bladder decides its time to empty. and your wearing chest waders.

Your not a real fisherman until your headlights batteries run out and your forced to do everything by feel.

Your not a real fisherman if you only bring one rod and reel with you.

Your not a real fisherman unril the biggest fish you catch is yourself. (had the hook in one side of my hand and out the other, doctors had to cut it and pull it through).

Your not a real fisherman until you come home after a long night of shore fishing, and wait until the next day to shower. (my wifes favorite).

Your not a real fisherman until your rods range from 6.5'-15' long.

Your not a real fisherman until you've had your waders fill up and that look of horror comes accross your face.

Your not a real fisherman until you throw back the one you wanted to keep.

Your not a real fisherman until your a member of www.stripers247.com

:twisted: craig aka briggs :twisted:

aka surfcastermaster

8) MASTER OF HIS OWN DOMAIN 8)

#13 ·
I can remember the day i hooked myself like it was yesterday. the thing i remember most is the fact that the ambulance that came, the emt's had no novacane.....They clipped and ripped with me cringing and growling like i usually do. next time they come without novacane....i get to hold their balls in my hand as they do it, i feel pain, they feel pain hahaha.

aka surfcastermaster

#14 ·
yer not a real fisherman til you take a clouser in the ear lobe and have to do the walk of shame back to the truck with that hair ball dangling from your ear so you can use the rearview mirror to see so you can pull that bitch out... forgot to mash the barb....

or take TWO 1/0 trebles in the neck right to the hook-bend.. the guys bail shut, he saw it coming at me so he yanked... doing so only excellerated the plug.. felt like someone nailed me with a yard stick... hospital removal.. then back to the fishing hole.. :p .. the dude paid 275 bucks for the removal... and the jokes were on me at the hospital.. :D

then there was that middle of the trout-pond in a float-tube with chest waders and flippers on... 4 cups of coffee, too far from shore... the rest was warm and wet... :oops: almost made it ... my buds said it was quite a sight... thought I was attacked by bees... LMAO .. I calculate things a bit different now.. not so in-a-hurry to launch the tube.. a little uninary patience from that point on... :wink:

oh I got a bunch more.... :arrow:

#16 ·
LMAO... yeah, the cathader prolly aint the best idea... yah get that cath tube fetched up on somethin' ... there'd prolly be some pain involved.. like get it fetched up in your backcast........eeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

I say the first guy that makes a fly for chest waders is gonna do okay...

#17 ·
You spend all your free time daydreamin about a cow and the wife or girlfriend asks if you ever think
of anything else instead of your gd fishin stuff.

Of course I do honey. What times dinner?

#18 ·
Wife and or g/f Jim? Lmfao !!!

Froidian slip my friend? hahaha.

I always get the yell from the top of the basement stairs, kind of lose time down there in my little fishingroom. I just hooked up my old dvd player down there so now she's really screwed. Now i can watch the red sox video whilst i work on my fishing stuff.

Your not a real fisherman until someone tells you that you spend to much time doing it, hahaha.

aka surfcastermaster

#19 ·
You pull your plug from a snag and it flies like a rocket straight for you. Then you spend the next 10 minutes removing the tines from each leg of your trousers and end up cutting your pants with your bait knife. Now you have matching holes about 4 inches from your pecka. :shock:

#20 ·
...you have to pee so bad on a charter that you move to the spot on the rail right next to the head, cast your line first, then do your thing with a rod in each hand (so to speak)... although I will say it is a bit easier to unzip than to close up shop... FISH ON!... like nothing happened! Just part of a good day fishing!

#23 ·
Re: Your really not a fisherman until

until.....you can come with duct tape over the hook-hole in your hand. Smell like the bottom of a tuna hold. Unload your ride in the driveway and swagger with your gear to the garage, wearin' the biggest shit-eatin' grin.....knowing all the time the two guys living on either side of you just spent the whole day workin' and are watching you through the blinds. Life is grand

#25 ·

OH MAN , FLASH BACKS.

i have one , i can share.

I WAS ON A 5 DAYER in guadalupe island.
had everything rigged the night before.
woke up at 4am, hearing the fish slamming on deck

i ran up stairs w/ slippers on and 1/2 a sleep.
pulled my rod off the rod rack. ( ACCURATE 665/ STRAPPED ON A 765XL CUSTOM WRAPPED/ SPECTRA AND ALL. ABOUT A 1000.00 SETUP).

HOOKED A LIVE 5LB SCAD ( REALLY SLIMMY FISH ).
POSTION MY SELF TO TOSS OUT THE BAIT INTO THE TUNA BOIL.
I OVER CASTED, LOST BALANCE ( slippers on ), lost control of rod ( slimmed hyplon ) and there went my rod into the dark of dawn.

THIS HAPPENED 2 1/2 YEARS AGO.
im still visiting my sycholigist on a weekly basis.lol

#26 ·

you go out in the rain with 6-8ft sweels on the last day of the saeson just hoping to catch your first/last striper. That day with Eric was rough man... probably still doesn't make me a fisherman but thats all I got :redbiggrin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.