Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

You're really not a fisherman until

Tags
fisherman
19K views 90 replies 47 participants last post by  StriperJunkie 
#1 ·
You lose at least 1 trolling motor and battery, fishing rod, tackle box and reel at the bottom of your lake.

#54 ·
This is a reply to StriperJims' rant on the tackle industry.
I am a Sportscard and Memorabilia shop owner, I go thru this kind of crap with the alleged friends who come along in this business and then try to use Me for all they can get. I can't count the amount of absolute scumbags this hobby seems to collect. I've got one I tossed out today, claims he's an ex undercover cop. Now on disability (and now trying to milk his third insurance settlement) all for different things. Had the nerve to walk in my store, brag about the $800,000.00 settlement check he's expecting next week, then tries to get me to knock $5 off of a card I have marked at $10 THAT BOOKS $15 IN THE GUIDES. What a scumbag. I go thru this and other crap 24/7 (excuse the copyright infringment) every single day in my store. Like the woman who called trying to get a nice Patriots leather jacket I have, by trading for it. When I said no she hit me with this "YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, MY HUSBAND HAS TO HAVE THAT FOR HIS BIRTHDAY) I tell her again I want cash and she goes at it again, same crap, I say cash and hang up. TEN MINUTES!!! later she calls back, I recognize voice, she asks if I buy cards, By now I'm pissed, I say look lady whats the difference if you try to trade me junk i DON'T WANT, OR SELL ME IT SO YOU CAN THEN BUY THE JACKET. IT'S THE SAME FOR ME.... I WANT CASH! SHE THEN HAD THE NERVE TO ASK WHY I WAS SO ANGRY! I said from dealing with idiots like you! I could tell you stories that would make you sick of the human race if you had the time to listen. I once had a guy drive from out of state, (he looked like Burl Ives!) just to rip off one $3.25 cent pack of cards! I've had people bring kids in (one in a carrage, one four year old)open the door to my store, drop the kids inside and then proceed to go to the grocery store next door for 1/2 hour of shopping!While the kid in carrage gets out and climbs inside of one of my display cases, and the other one is playing cars with my expensive die cast! This woman couldn't understand why I was upset that she dropped her rugrats off in a store with a quarter million dollar inventory. I've had people ask to borrow bathroom, then piss all over my toilet the floor, the wall!!! Nothing you said offended me.

#59 ·
1) People get in and out of your car and repeatedly ask "What stinks in here?"

2) You have fallen a-- over tea kettle in the surf with waders on, filled ur boots with water, decided to call it a night only to notice your fishing buddy left behind a fair amount of clam meat IN the shell that otherwise would go to waste....and stayed out for several hours longer cold and wet!!!

3) Your idea of a "fun night in" is taking a spool of fishing line and practicing various knots, washing down and spraying WD-40 on every reel you own and then tinkering around with your gear (fishing gear that is....sheesh) for HOURS until all you wanna do is go fishing....so ya do!!!

4) You stand in the fishing section of your local tackle shop/Wal-Mart/Cabela's (every time you go) like it's xmas morning when u were 4 years old overwhelmed about what you should buy....so ya just buy everything. And then you spend another hour+ talking to a newbie or out-of-towner advising them what lb. test to use, lures, bait & pole.....never mind the when & where etc!!!

#62 ·
You're really not a fisherman until......

You spend 90% of every paycheck on tackle and other fishing equipment.

You spend another 10% on food which you bring with you while fishing.

You spend another 10% of your paycheck on necessities like rent, phone bills, gas etc. You then realize you've spent more money than you have and your screwed because your bank will be charging you and overdraft fee. Instead of working to make up for the lost money you go fishing instead. (True Story)

Most of your tackle box consists of things that you will never use or will only use once. You bought it because it looked cool at the time.

You almost had to go to summer school your senior year in High School because you cut class so much just to go fishing. (Another True Story)

After your last cast you always say "Alright just one more cast."

#64 ·
How about 3 crazy nights of pulling in bass in the 20-30lb range nonstop. Coming home at 7am to hop in bed with the wife to get some sleep. And waking her and yourself up by swinging your arm up in the hookset motion. She woke up and said wtf are you doing. I said (shit I just lost that one I'm still fishing in my sleep). I was dreaming I was in the same spot and had a nice hit. I almost hit her in the face. It seemed so real. I BET IT WAS A BIG ONE. LOL

#70 ·
You drive 130 miles in April to a trout stream in Montana, realize you forgot your waders. Goto nearest gas station and buy Hefty bags Duct Tape 3 of them together to fasion a new set and fish for 6 hours in the snow melt.:lol:

#77 ·
You know what light, medium, medium light, medium heavy, heavy, fast action and slow action mean and you have at least one of each combo for salt and fresh. You have numerous weight fly rods/reels and you know and have many wooly buggers. If you have no idea what some of this means keep casting or go back to your sissy golf.

#78 ·
You run over your anchor and wrap it around the prop.

This is Alex skinny dipping in 53 degree water to unwrap the anchor. :whistle:
Kinda funny. His Chinese soup turned out to be Mai tais.
No wonder I'm a surfcaster.

Harbor seal - Frikkin dope. :cwm10:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.