Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

You're really not a fisherman until

Tags
fisherman
19K views 90 replies 47 participants last post by  StriperJunkie 
#1 ·
You lose at least 1 trolling motor and battery, fishing rod, tackle box and reel at the bottom of your lake.

#27 ·
Re: Your really not a fisherman until

Paulie.....someday you'll be an old fart, ball breakin', cigar smokin', drinkin',retired "postal",who loves fishin'. That's almost too much "crazy" to pour into one human mold.

p.s. you probably still wont get to do as much fishin' as you'd like....but try to get to that spot anyway

#28 ·

won;t make it joe! i once gave the proctologist the finger and he paid me back in spades. your not a fisherman till you head out fishing directly after a rectal exam and swish the jelly around the crack of your ass on the sandy hook death march!th_thmoon.gif

#33 ·

won;t make it joe! i once gave the proctologist the finger and he paid me back in spades. your not a fisherman till you head out fishing directly after a rectal exam and swish the jelly around the crack of your ass on the sandy hook death march!th_thmoon.gif
You are way too much. LOL. I have seen hooks in people that needed to be removed by a doctor. I have woke my girl up 4 in the am with a talking striper making her fall out of the bed screaming. But swishing the jelly in the ass crack is HARDCORE. I don't know ya but I love ya. I am still laughing my tits off. Thanks :cheers:

#32 ·

Your really not a fisherman until you've drowned at least 3 cell phones and have spent an evening at the emergency room getting a hook removed from yourself or a buddy

#34 ·

Has anyone fished in a swarm of bees??? I was in a boat about 100 yds from the shore. Huge bees not yellow jackets were coming at us 3-10 at a time evrey 30 seconds to a minutes or so. They had an instinct to land on us and the boat. I ended up with 3 on me and 4 swarming and a couple on my friend. I lost my cool trying to get them off me and fell off the boat. I kept my rod in the air when I took a dunk but had my cell phone destroyed for the 3rd time and soaked my wallet and smokes. My friend is still laughing now. I didn't care about anything but my set-up. We ended up back to shore to move into the river to continue fishing in a beeless spot. There were about 50-100 dead bees in the 17 ft boat. Someone said that it was probably due to a Queen being disturbed from a local Nursery and the bees were looking for her. Does this make sense? It was real windy the night before. And has anyone been in this situation?

#35 ·

I gut hooked myself. My rattle trap got hung up. I pulled real hard on the line and it shot out of the water into my stomach. I pushed it through and had a friend cut the barb off so I could get it out. Thank god for a layer of fat because it didn't hurt much.

#38 ·

swarm of grenies. (fly;s) now that;s a site fishing seaside and turning around to see the wind blowing a black cloud toward the water. they just latch on and i didn;t have waders on at the time. forgot all about that

#40 ·

How about a fish pick in the eyeball,
bringing in a stranded Eastern Rig in tow,
12 hr. steam to get home,
Tie up and secure the 68 footer,
get ride to hospital,
Have puncture/rip in eyeball stitched with 5 stitches, total time with weeping eye - 19 hrs. (and the Doc said I was "lucky" :blackeyerub:) And that was just 1 "good" trip. icon_scratch.gif

Do I make the grade?

#42 ·

You've prayed your ass off "please god just get me to the ramp".

You've seen overturned boats on the way in.

The weather channel is all you watch

Your fishin gear goes with you on hurricane evacuations

You've convinced your ol lady cleanin fish is womans work

Your ol lady unnerstands the inherent dangers-that the night before any fishing trip is likely to be her last with her hero and therefore sex is appropriate

You keep yer brew in the same cooler wit yer fish
deke

#46 ·

*sigh* where to begin?
You're not a real fisherman until you dump your lunch out of the cooler to keep either your bait or your catch fresh. (gotta have priorities)

Until you get the call from the wife.... realize it might be her or fishing... then tell your buddy, eh, one more cast, but then we need to try that hole on the way back.

Until you bring 3 patterns of everything that could possibly be on or in the water that day, then watch your fly box go rushing down river.... then run full out to the sand bar and swim the current to get it.

... you are heading out to the salty water, get that smell, feel the spray on your face, and know you are home.

#48 ·
Your not a real fisherman until you have to keep cleaning the ice out of the guides on your pole and reel every third cast.

Your not a real fisherman until you go blasting down a lake at 50+ mph with only a tiny windshield to hide behind in 12 degree weather. (see above)

Your not a real fisherman until your friend calls at 4:30 AM and says hey, let's go fishing today and y'all didn't have a trip planned already. (see above)

Your not a real fisherman until you say to your friend SURE while still mostly asleep and then walk out the door and discover that it's 12 degrees outside.
(see all of the above)

Your not a real fisherman until you destroy TWO transducers in TWO trips!

Your not a real fisherman until you can either push a hook the rest of the way thru and cut off the bard, OR know how to remove an embeded hood with a length of 20lb mono (usually takes three hands)

#50 ·
You're really not a fishermen if the sponsors don't think you warrant free tackle or you're worth putting their new product through an honest test. Likely because of the perception of their immmediate peers. Oh jeese what would they do -- i have to keep my douche bag reputation intact. If we don't charge them then we must suck - When they do solicit favors, they bang you out for top dollar on individual purchases and promise you the moon. Perhaps even sponsor a forum, ask for a link or advertisement that they have no intention of reciprocating and generally disrespect you and use you. Forget trying to collect what they owe you. I can name so many dead beats in this industry its mind boggling. To promote their wares they offer you less than a freeking hamburger and rarely deliver.
Meanwhile they give the well known bs artists free reign. Not downplaying their ability, just the embelished records -- those in the know intiuition tells them its some of its bs as well. Too bad the reps dont have a clue. Some do and the they still try to moce the crap. Gullible bunch of suckers. Or maybe they dont give a crap just to sell half the inferior crap they're marketing to the unsuspected.
If they did their research they would find the real stand up gentlemen in this industry. By lurking and looking at who does what. Not to say some of these representatives have found quite a few large but if only the truth was really known, many a credibility would be shot and gone for good. I'm not talking blanket here. You know who you are and so do I.
And a few of them are arrogant scumbags that wouldn't give you the time of day unless you paid for thier seminars.

How's that for a rant. Its time for new blood.

If you feel this means you. Too f***ki* bad. I just found more douche bags in this industry than i want to count, and today I'm sick of them. So what. Its not like they'll offer me anything ever, including instruction, except to hawk some piece of crap they sponsor and got for free.

Tons of guys I love repect and admire. This is quite more than a few.
But when I tell you I'm from Stripers247 and you look at me like you saw hair on a hamburger, well go scratch the barnacles off your balls. Because I don't care how good you are - because you will forever rank as an asshole as a person. I don't need to be beat over the head twice to realize some jerk off disrespected me. I've never been ashamed of or quit anything in my life.

Being a fishermen is a passion as well as a vocation. Some are excellent, but that by no means makes you better than someone else. It doesn't define who you are.
Take a clue from the rest of society, like teachers and surgeons and cops and firemen, these are the real teachers and mentors. Not holier than thou celebrities. You're not Mohammed Ali for christ sakes. Some one showed you. I don't know why I'm dissapointed over schmucks anyway they are everywhere.

Maybe I'll delete it tomorow when I read it again, but for now stick your bunker head up your ass. If you think this post is negative and is out of line please elaborate.
Like I would give two craps anyway.
All i can say is WOW... looks like you needed to vent.:shocked:

#51 ·
Most of this stuff has been said but
1. You've been hooked somewhere sometime
2. People told you you Fish to Much
3. Missed work or a party to Fish
4. Your boat cost more then your Truck
5. your to lazy to paddle a canoe to an island so you have a boat tow you and they hammer which flips the canoe. the rest of the story is history

#53 ·
You walk to a railroad trestle with your brand new rod and reel, lay it down to bait up and fish the 10 knott current, only to have the pole fall between the ties and watch the current carrying it away as your uncle furiously tries casting at it to get it back before ir sinks!
True story! I was Eighteen, traded my shotgun and 22 rifle for the rod and reel at an outdoors place In Burriville three hours before all this happened! My uncle bumped it with his foot and it fell between the ties.
I watched that thing go 75 feet before it even started sinking!( I also swore that day never to fish again, Denounced the exhistance of God, and hoped lightning would strike me so I wouldn't have to face any more crap in my life.):10186:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.