• littlemiami jeff

Votes: 0 0.0%

You are stranded....

Tags
poll stranded
10K views 59 replies 20 participants last post by  JakeF 
#1 ·
Lets see how great minds think....

you have been dropped of On a rocky island on cape cod....

you want a striped bass for dinner, you have no rod or reel just a poxket knife and a book of matches...

after walking the beach, sorting through the drift wood, you find a birds nest of line with an old, rusty but servisable hook, entangled in the birds nest of mono there is a dead sea gull, dead no more than a day, it's bill stuck in a soda can....

using what is available, what do you do to get your bass for dinner...

Lets see how many realistic answers we get...no repeats

I will donate one of my custom super giant pikies, black tiger stripe scale pikies to to the winner of the most realistic answer...

May 1st we will have a comunity vote, only those particpating in the thread in a serious manner will be allowed to vote.....

The prize plug... 16" over all 6 ounces....

Attachments

See less See more
#29 ·
cool...i can say lenny sloats reply was very interesting reading...a great story teller, not only did he seem to have a good solution, but he kept the reader interested. its gonna be a tough poll for me to vote on though, a lot of really interesting solutions...i might just have to print this thread and have someone drop me off for a few days at no mans to see what actually works.:smile:

#31 ·
Stranded Poll

There were some intersting and unique answers to the question, here are a list of the participants that responded with serious answers :

1: Jimi4290
2: Baitrunner
3: Jigman
4: NPIKE
5:JKfirefighter
6: Captcal
7: Sloride
8: Sadlsorz
9: Sudsy
10: Littlemiamijeff
11: KRS
12: Old goat
13: Lenny sloat

Please vote for your favorite solution... thanks for participating..

#34 ·
So here I am, stuck on this Island somwhere on the striper coast, nothing but sand,rocks and a huge pile of "sea junk" I begin to sort through the rubble and find a twisted mass of line and a dump turkey ( sea gull) with its head stuck in a soda can.... the bird is still fairly fresh so I use some of the debris to dig a hole in a sand and bury the gull to preserve it..

Out of the rubble I salvage a ball of line thoughtlessly discarded by some careless fisherman, but it turns out to be my good fortune.

also amongs the rubble (eventualy attached to the ball of line) is another piece of line with a SS hook ( Ha I didnt tell ya's it was stainless, it was just surface rust)

After patiently untangeling the mess ( a skill I learned mating on party boats as a teenager, then honed by raising 4 children) I wrap the line for safe keeping on the soda can that will be used as a reel later.

Now I go scouting, after searching the island at low tide I find a nice bar that is running at a right angle to the pile of rocks to my east, a sea breeze has a nice ground swell working with white water off the bar, on the back side of the rock, is a nice tide pool, lots of crabby patties to be had here... so I go back to my burried bird and fishing line, I dress the bird, skinning it out just incase I need the feathers for plan C, I use a piece of drift wood sharpend on a rock to acomplish the feat, seeing as per usual, I have misplaced my knife....

Now with the tide filling, the night coming on, I bait the hook with a chunk of gull (burrying the rest in the event I fail with plan A, I get a re-do.. plan B) I toss it in the tide pool and head back to gather fire wood, My plan is to light a big fire on the rock, not only will this be my companion, keep me warm through the night, but it will also (hopefully) attrack baitfish, that willl attract my dinner!
Back at the tide pool,I've got several crabs munching on my chunk of deceased flying rat, I slowly work them in and I have some live and kicking live bait.... I wrap them up in a ball of rock weed to keep them moist and keep them from escaping..

My fire is bright and cheery, casting a glow out on the water that is almost full tide, I swear i see bait flashing in the suds.... I get one of my crabbie patties, remove one leg( suck the meat out of the leg for sustanance) and place the hook through the cartilage in the body and out the leg hole, I break off a small section of the removed leg and gently push it over the hook point and past the barb, this will keep my hook from falling out and me loosing my hard earned bait...

I slowly wade out into the rip, I gently toss the crab into the flow ... in no time at all I have a bite... my heart races.. I set the hook... something doesnt feel right, this fish isnt fighting,, its twisting and spinning... &*$#@^! dogfish!!!!! I wade back, after much cursing and swearing I get my hook back and leave the green eyed devil on the beach... if i have to... I guess I could eat it....

I rebait and wade back into the rip, only now the sea is flat, no wind, the swell has deminised, the rip barely moving, my heart is sinking.... there is just enough current to float my crab 10' away, thats it, the bait is virtualy at my feet, and then I feel a bump, the line slowly pays off my "spool" my heart is pounding... how long do I wait before setting the hook, this could be my last chance tonight, the fire is dieing, the tide ebbing, the moon is high in the sky, dawn cant be far away, the line is now flying off the spool.............

#36 ·
Re: Stranded poll (part 1)

the first time i read sadlsorz's solution, i was impressed. my favorite story was written by another, but i had to vote my gut... which tells me the solution using little or no resources other than what was given should earn my vote. man...this decision was harder than a real estate transaction.

#43 ·

The Poll ran for three days..... we didnt get many replies... looks like a tie between Sadle sorz and Lenny sloat....

I only have one Black giant pikie in tiger stripe, but I do have two finished off in pike pattern tiger stripe.. so I'l send each one one of those.( PM your addy guys)...they are Identicle to the black one except for color...

the two at the top of the picture...

I havent figured out who came the closest to my solution on their original post ( Jimi you cheated LOL) I've got a bunch of pocket rockets that I have yet to paint, these thing cast like bullets and catch fish too!, I may send one of them to the winner ( Maybe I'll send ya one jimi for being a good sport) as well as a swimmer....

Attachments

#44 ·

oh boy oh boy.....i know...i should have focused more on the crab option in my original post instead of posting again....i had a feeling the whole time though. it was either eels or crabs....but the rocky beach thing led me more towards crabs.
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

#51 ·
thumbsup.gif Congratulations to the winners and thank you to Roccus for the great thread and custom plug prizes. :notworthy: Great answers from everyone who entered.

Edit* I consolidated and combined the polls. options are now reset to 15

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.