Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

is it me??

8K views 53 replies 20 participants last post by  Mark P 
#1 ·
Is it me or is most of the info you get here is generic

I killed them in the spring without much help from this sight

they should be going south but I have yet to hear where
They are?.. is everybody out fishing and not posting??

Johnny bolt caught a nice one in NH
that is only 18+ miles of coast line that helps alot

If you want to help how about a little more info????

Besides look for birds (we have all heard that a thousand times) that it's old news

Like What kind of structure were they found in etc.????

You could at least say where they are on the trip south
Or will everybody wait until they are gone????

I have stuck up for this sight and have posted to the best of my ability
Info to help people with out spot burning

I am not saying that you should give out your hot spots
But you should at least give some info as to what to look for
In structure etc.

Sorry if I sound hard but I have to say I have not learned anything from this sight Other than ?watch for birds?

See less See more
#28 ·
whats new tony?

I've got a little spare time today.... very little

I'm hauling the boat tomorrow, for the most part, I've been driving the beach the past two weeks, to rough to fish the surf by boat , no matter, plenty of fishies within casting range...the giant pikie has been hot..hot ... hot!

Got into a bunch of little guys Saturday in the boat, all with the fly rod... thats it for this season... it was a good one.. I'l rock hound Gloucester, and do a little buggy fishing on the cape, hopefully take a trip south, time to make some more plugs and get a little rest.

#30 ·
Glad you had a great season Roc.

I pulled the boat last weekend. I always hate that day of the year because it signals the end of another season. But this year it was extra sad cause this will probably be the last year with this boat. She treated me well for 7 seasons....never let me down. But she's getting tired and I NEED a bigger boat.

At least that's what I'm telling the wife. :)

#31 ·
RJ

If you would do a little looking around on the site and not sitting back waiting to be spoon feed you would see that there is a ton of info on this site. There are threads that I have found pertaining to every aspect of striper fishing such as, reading the beach, water temp, migration, lures, cut bait, live bait, boat fishing, night fishing, jetty fishing, surf fishing...etc. I have found every one this site to be extremely giving with their knowledge helping me to catch more fish, but you got to get out there and do some leg work of your own!

I haven't been able to fish in a month because of school and work full time, and as soon as I get the time I will be out there looking for fish not here bi%^&ing.

#32 ·
First let me say thanks to striperjim for the links
I have seen the striper 101 and the 2 jigging sights

I have not seen the others and will read them asap

There are some 60 million fish migrating from as far North as the St. Johns River in Nova scotia to their wintering grounds off of Cape hattaras North Carolina. They move as the days get shorter and the water temperature gets colder during the moon tides. Cold fronts will move the mullett, peanut bunker, spearing and sand eels out of the back bays and the bass will follow. They show up in waves and large schools, sometimes incredible amounts of fish move together. This will happen throughout the fall and there is no precise time or location?
I just thought members would say what state they caught them in so others could follow the migration and know when they are getting in their area

?I am not saying that you should give out your hot spots
But you should at least give some info as to what to look for In structure etc.?

that is the statement that I had said? if that sounds like I want a GPS or any other ?spot? that others are using then I don't know what to say

maybe this guy wants to know where we met our wives too ----------------

if this your taste of women I have to say NO thanks

#33 ·
KUDOS TO RJ... well i must say, you got some of people up tight, instead of leavin when we ripped you a new one, you responded. its easy to piss people off and take off, but youre back to stand your ground and clarify your intentions...and a nice reply to the big asses pic. i gotta say stick around, much to learn here, you just gotta read between the lines and participate, hell im still learnin too, trust me im no pro, but i give it my best every time i go fishin, it will pay off.

#34 ·
Things were fine until I read;
"Sorry if I sound hard but I have to say I have not learned anything from this sight Other than ?watch for birds?

Then I re-read and this popped out loud and clear;

"most of the info you get here is generic"

" killed them in the spring without much help from this sight "

"Johnny bolt caught a nice one in NH
that is only 18+ miles of coast line that helps alot
If you want to help how about a little more info????"

" Besides look for birds (we have all heard that a thousand times) that it's old news "

"I have stuck up for this sight and have posted to the best of my ability "

"But you should at least give some info "

That's when I thought what's with this guy? He has a hell of a way to ask for help!
What you wrote was;
1) full of negativity towards this site and members
2) sounds like because you "stuck up" for us(?), we owed you something
3) that this is just some snoty nosed spoiled brat that is used to everything being done for him

If I am wrong it is only because you are the author of your own poem.

However, in my most politicly correct fashion managable, censored.gif

Have to wonder,,,,,,,,, then why are you here if it's so disapointing to you? :BenNudd: ?

#37 ·
hey Jim where can you get those slimy littler buggers in the NYC area?
btw like the spellcheck option. and the new layout
thanks

#38 ·
Capitol tackle moved to the west side somewhere from Chelsea.
NYC is slim pickins. Call the baitshops in Brooklyn ahead of time or Michaels B&T in Staten Island. They are listed in the Bait and tackle forum.
You can always try your local chinese restaurant guy.
Not sure the spell check is fully functional yet. I use a plug in from red egg software for internet explorer http://www.iespell.com

There is one for the firefox browser too. These are open source and the software is clean
http://spellbound.sourceforge.net/ :thumbsup.gif

#42 ·
hey guys i'm new to this site and that reposne got me fired up...i'm still a striper virgin so i know the frustration but the response was awesome......i was feeling the same as that guy last weekend...huge flock of birds and a monster school of bait...500 yards off shore....my comment to my buddy " this ocean sucks no fish"....but i'm already hooked because its not easy and that's what its all about ....hopefeully i'll post soon with my first striper.....

#44 ·
jimi4290 said:
KUDOS TO RJ... well i must say, you got some of people up tight, instead of leavin when we ripped you a new one, you responded. its easy to piss people off and take off, but youre back to stand your ground and clarify your intentions...and a nice reply to the big asses pic.
i gotta say stick around, much to learn here, you just gotta read between the lines and participate, hell im still learnin too, trust me im no pro, but i give it my best every time i go fishin, it will pay off
Not really Jim. He didnt stick around that was his last post.
This thread however should be read by other newcomers.

#47 ·
Give a man a fish he eats for a day, teach a man to fish his wife will throw his clothes out into the street and you can find him down in town with the rest of the drunks that have given up on finding the secrect of life and happiness.
Read between the lines for the truth is always there to be found.

#48 ·
I've only been here a couple of months and sort of amazed at the enormous amount of information here. I did ask a question about bait fish earlier that I could'nt find and Striperjim jumped in and in great detail told me exactly what I wanted to know. Maybe Jim should have driven to Tenn. and baited my hook for me? One thing I've learned as a lifetime sportsman is that nothing is for certain. Well, one thing is for certain, if your line is not in the water it's not going to catch a fish. There is no substitute for time on the water. I'll bet even you striper veterans get frustrated sometimes?

#50 ·
One thing I've learned as a lifetime sportsman is that nothing is for certain. Well, one thing is for certain, if your line is not in the water it's not going to catch a fish. There is no substitute for time on the water.
The words of a man who truly "gets it" !!

#51 ·
Sounds like somebody needs to hire a guide. Just sayin'. This is a great source for free info, from some good striper fishermen. If you want someone to put you on fish, take you right to where they've been catching them and then hand you the rod once they get hooked, so you can "catch" it, you can hire them for a fee. What kinda info does he think he's gonna get by posting on here with that kinda attitude?
RJ,
fishing is alot about experience. Take what info you can get and go fishing. You'll learn more about stripers on the water then you will on the internet! Just sayin'! Plus, didn't you say that you tore them up? Sounds like you don't need advice after all!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.