Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

4400 New Members in since thread began - Say Hello

17K views 92 replies 68 participants last post by  gregorjim 
#1 ·
Edit. - 2300 members in first year of thread -- 2100 next 8 1/2 months. (march 23 2006 -- December 10th 2007)

Hey guys . say hello and tell us where your from and where you guys fish. hello.gif
I fish the salt water in New York and NJ.
The Delaware and the Hudson Rivers. and Wallenpaupack in Pa. happy3.gif
My local lake for LMB, pickeral and trout.

#3 ·
Hi and thanks for such a great site! Everything I've searched for was here the whole time.
I fish salt water from Long Beach Island to Cape May and the bay. Surf,bank and boat. I also do the headboats and a charter each season.
I'm from South Jersey.
Thanks again for having me aboard! happy3.gif

#5 ·
Newburgh, NY, fish the Hudson from shore, Bear Mountain to Kingston-west shore, planning on expanding my horizons this year. Hey AntonNYC, my brother lives in Williasmsburg, Brooklyn, near W'msburg Bridge, there is access to East River across from Manhattan-you just gotta walk thru a bit of urban wasteland and pass a couple of homeless guy's tarp shelters to get there-worth a try this time of year?

#7 ·
I fish Penobscot Bay mostly for Mackeral (hey the kids like 'em). This year, the Mackaral will become bait...

Not too many cows up here, from what I understand. But I'm new enough to this to want to find the slot fish or the schoolie. After all, any day on the water...

I get down to the Kennebec River once or twice a year with good results.

#8 ·
Hell yeah, I Fish the middle and lower Chesapeake, with several trips to OBX and Assateague Island a Year. When there's nothing in the salt, I fish Lake Anna, VA, pulled some nice ones out of there. And dude, what's up...Penobscot bay??? I was born at Waldo County General Hospital....Somewhere online you can find the house I was born in. It is now a vacation rental on the Bay....

#17 ·
I've only fished for Rockfish a handful of times in the middle Chesapeake, but I now live in NJ and want to get into surf fishing up here. Most of my fishing experience is with a fly rod for trout, and my goal is to hook a striper (or even a blue fish) on a fly rod -- that has got to be absolutely amazing!! Glad to see a fly rod section on this discussion board. What a great resource -- thanks to everyone who helps run this board.

#19 ·
I'm from Levittown, Pa and start out the season around the Trenton Makes bridge, just to check out the boat. I then run up the Hudson in late April and finish the season in the Raitian Bay and out front a little.

hey Jim, Wallenpaupack? I used to hang out there back in the day with the guys. Had not been there for over 25 years and just went to back last summer. Stayed at Wilsonville with the family last August. Where the hell did all the marinas and boats come from. I don't think there is a piece of shoreline that doesn't have a boat parked on it. I ran around the lake early every morning and couldn't mark a fish if my life depended on it. I just figured the lake was way down or maybe even dead because of the two-stroke discharge. do you do well on the lake when you go up? We used to kill'um up there back in the late 60's & 70's, muskies not bass, they had just started stocking the stripes when we stopped going. Let me know, we're probably going back up again this year.

#20 ·
LGB
cool_blue.gif .
I've tried a few times with little success for stripers but I
was ill prepared. They were more recon missions than anything else. A few weeks
ago I circled the lake and spoke to the new tackle shop owner at Ironwood point.
Ice still covered most of the lake. There have been some nice fish caught there
in the last few years. Last year on March 30 a guy caught a 43 pounder through the ice. Believe it or not.
Shoreline spots are limited for the public but there are two good ones off of route 6.
One is on route 570 not to far from 6 and the other is route 590 at the ramp run by PGE
http://www.stripers247.com/mapoflakewallenpaupack.htm
The bite really turns on in late May but Ill be in the salt and conquering the Hudson hopefully.
thumbsup.gif
Heres athread thats good for a laugh. Chubrock

#21 ·
fishin.......

If there is water ...i will fish
I have no preference saltwater brackish or fresh water, i'm down!

spring-summer-fall i will fish for stripers of a pier,bank,boat,public walkway

large mouth bass pretty much any lake i find(call me crazy) including central park.
flyfish for trout and stripers \blues anywhere anytime

Winter it's salmon and steelhead in western NY
oh and i spend thousands of dollars going to florida thinking i'm going to hook up to a marlin..........and i catch thier bait fish instead! Ha! bootyshake.gif pottytrain5.gif
sign10.gif

#22 ·
Hi all, Just getting into this whole Striper thing. I am located up the hudson around catskill. Man, there is alot to learn. Been soaking in anything I can come across. This is sure one great site. Wish it was a little more active but guess it will get that way when the fish start to run. Thanks for all the info-and keep up the good work. thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

#24 ·
Welcome all newbies to the best striper fishing site in the world. welcome.gif welcome.gif

If any of you guys are from NYC and want to wet a line let me know

headbang.gif
K23

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.