Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

4400 New Members in since thread began - Say Hello

17K views 92 replies 68 participants last post by  gregorjim 
#1 ·
Edit. - 2300 members in first year of thread -- 2100 next 8 1/2 months. (march 23 2006 -- December 10th 2007)

Hey guys . say hello and tell us where your from and where you guys fish. hello.gif
I fish the salt water in New York and NJ.
The Delaware and the Hudson Rivers. and Wallenpaupack in Pa. happy3.gif
My local lake for LMB, pickeral and trout.

#53 ·
too many people to keep track of so here it is! WELCOME AND DON'T BE SHY! WE WILL GET TO ALL YOUR QUESTIONS AND NEEDS AS TIME PERMITS. LEAVE NO STRIPER-CHILD BEHIND! fishing is picking up so we will be out and about and post regularly for reports of fish. keep the reports coming and patience as this weekend most of us will be on the 24-7 "south will be invaded fling" for all who can come; info is in the mid-coast thread under same title. as the pied piper of ALL googins i command you to arrive at the joizy beach and snap a plug!/foul a line!/jig up a sneaker!/ and watch your rod sail out of a sandspike at 40mph into the surf! we welcome all comedians to the fling as i cannot get enough pics! tight lines! cigar.gif

#54 ·
Shorebound, Poppy, Benjie, Medic and of course Jim-

Just moved to West Point and want to get back into stripers. Lived in Hampton VA through 2000 and chased them throughout the Bay. I've been landlocked since then and can't wait to get after 'em.

Can you guys help me out here on the Hudson. When, where and with what??? Have a boat and will also fish from shore.

Thanks.

#56 ·
Congratulations Guys
We have broken the 3000 member number.
The last three months saw a 1300 member increase.
I hope some of you will post and say hello. thumbsup.gif

#58 ·
Yea.
You guys have made this the best dam site on the internet. :)
Seriously though some of the key forums have been closed to lurkers at times and reopened at different times.
When we were forced to make a server move we lost our placement in the search engines due to a little apache server glitch that took 5 months to track down and detect. So the middle of July through February of this year we had virtually no search engine presence. At least not our main page. Now we have a decent placement for our key words once again.
Type in the key words "striper room" in google. Or "striper fishing" and "striped bass fishing". We have taken back our rightful place. cigar.gif :cheers:

#63 ·
Greetings folks...Great site, thanks for letting me lurk! I've been learning just how much I have to learn! I'm beachbound in Duxbury, MA...Fish from Green Harbor to the ditch, but mostly just of the front beach in town (@ High Pines) or the Beach Channel. Pop down to Ellisville often as well. If anyone sees a guy who looks like he doesn't really know what the heck he is doing in any of these spots, its probably me! Feel free to stop by and offer some thoughts!

Once again, great site!

icon_salut.gif

#65 ·
whatsakeepa said:
Greetings folks...Great site, thanks for letting me lurk! I've been learning just how much I have to learn! I'm beachbound in Duxbury, MA...Fish from Green Harbor to the ditch, but mostly just of the front beach in town (@ High Pines) or the Beach Channel. Pop down to Ellisville often as well. If anyone sees a guy who looks like he doesn't really know what the heck he is doing in any of these spots, its probably me! Feel free to stop by and offer some thoughts!

Once again, great site!

icon_salut.gif
Welcome
If you see someone like yourself, its most likly one of us. :lol: th_icon_loll.gif

#66 ·
"Most likely one of us" huh? Don't be that tough on yourself!

First time I went out w. a salt water rod from the beach, hooked into a (I guess) 41" striper with a wad of clams the size of your fist (yes, finess was left in the fresh water)...I thought "Hey, it's an ocean fish, they're probably all that big" and tossed him back in without a second thought (Grew up fly fishing the Farmington River in CT where a 15" rainbow was a prize....)

I've never come within 10" of that mark since.

There is an old saying that goes "Good judgment comes from experience and experience comes from bad judgment." I like to think of my current fishing experiences as building up one heck of a wealth of experience.

Thanks for the welcome!

#67 ·
Npike said:
Hi all. I mostly fish freshwater in Western Mass. We have a cottage booked every year up in York, Maine where I fish for Stripers.

Me and some friends Charter a boat out of Barnstable, MA and Natic, CT every season for Blues and Stripers. We also take a party boat out on Groton, CT
We go to York Beach all the time. Last year we went to the Heavenly store in Kittery to buy another surf caster (7' St. Croix w/ Penn 550ssg), second cast off the rocks at the camp ground I caught a nice striper

#69 ·
Awesome site, guys. :)

I fish the mouth of the Merrimack, Plum Island Sound, and a couple rocky spots on Cape Ann. Interested in what the south shore has to offer, but fairly unfamiliar with the area as I was on the west coast until a few years ago. Will definitely be exploring down there this year.

#72 ·
Re: 2348 New Members in 7 months. Say Hello

Congratulations Guys
We have broken the 3000 member number.
The last three months saw a 1300 member increase.
I hope some of you will post and say hello. thumbsup.gif
Who will be # 5000?
2000 new members this year.

#74 ·

hello, and what a great site.i fish the cape cod canal ,cape beaches and wherever you still can on the mass south shore without a boat.i checked out kayak page and think i might be heading in that direction.lots of prime water in my area you just plain cant get to from shore

#75 ·

Croaker Choker My friend You are Member # 5000.

:eek:ccasion17: welcome.gif
Send me a PM with a mailing address for a hat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.