Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

4400 New Members in since thread began - Say Hello

17K views 92 replies 68 participants last post by  gregorjim 
#1 ·
Edit. - 2300 members in first year of thread -- 2100 next 8 1/2 months. (march 23 2006 -- December 10th 2007)

Hey guys . say hello and tell us where your from and where you guys fish. hello.gif
I fish the salt water in New York and NJ.
The Delaware and the Hudson Rivers. and Wallenpaupack in Pa. happy3.gif
My local lake for LMB, pickeral and trout.

#27 ·
I recently moved to Gloucester, MA and got myself a small center console to fish from. Looking forward to the upcoming season... if I could just figure out how to win the lottery so I wouldn't have to waste valuable fishing time at work!!!

Great site here. Keep up the good work.

#34 ·
Welcome benjie, fishead, medic and popularprops hello.gif

I plan on some hudson river fishing this year. thumbsup.gif
I have a cabin reserved for the spawn. happy3.gif Hopefully Ill catch somethin

#35 ·
Even though this thread targets our newer members, I figured I'd post cause I'm always looking for fishing partners, especially when I'm striping.

I live on a pond in MA and spring through fall, most nights after work, you'll find me casting rubber worms, spinnerbaits, and topwaters for LMB, either off the dock or from the jon boat.

We have a beach house in Saco Maine and slip a small dual console a couple miles up the Saco river. We're up most weekends from Memorial Day through Labor Day as well as a couple weeks for summer vacation.

If you see a little red boat in the area, pulling tuben' worms, my wife reading a book on the bow, and my daughter beating me to the bent rod, that's us and give a shout.

Welcome to all new members.

#40 ·
Hello, longtime striper chaser here.

I am glad I found this site. I have been chasing stripers for the past 20 yrs. I live in suburban Phila. and do most of my striper fishing at the Jersey shore but travel twice a yr, spring and fall to Martha's Vineyard. Surf fish all over the island but boat fish the Elizabeths and Middle Grounds. Bought a boat about 5 yrs ago and keep it on the Chesapeake. Now, after all that, I am retiring in 2 months. the wife gets a job in Central PA and we are buying a house near Raystown Lake. I will still fish Jersey and rhe Vineyard, but have some new exploring to do. I will winter over in Florida Keys where my flyfishing habit gets a long fix.

#44 ·
Stripers247 started on I believe Mar.8 2004 Jimmy is number one. I was #238 and I found this place 6 months later. Now we have 594 new members in 45 days ( month and a half) :cheers: :cheers: thumbsup.gif cigar.gif cigar.gif The only bad think about this place is your still stuck with me. headbang.gif

#47 ·
Hi all. I mostly fish freshwater in Western Mass. We have a cottage booked every year up in York, Maine where I fish for Stripers.

Me and some friends Charter a boat out of Barnstable, MA and Natic, CT every season for Blues and Stripers. We also take a party boat out on Groton, CT

#49 ·
Hi -

I introduced myself earlier on another thread as *Old -New Guy checking in.*

I suppose you could say I commute to the Outer Cape beaches and the Canal in late April to get my ORV permit at Race Point and then visit again for fishing the surf and the Canal in September - October. It's a long commute. th_sm19.gif

#51 ·
Hi, I live in the Hudson/Catskill area and do all of my striper fishing in the mighty Hudson River. Been at it for several years, but this season is looking great alreadt. River Basin Sports reported a 43.25 incher caught in this area. Will give you more details if they become available.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.