Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

What kind of striper fishing do you do mostly?

What kind of striper fishing do you enjoy most?

95K views 226 replies 176 participants last post by  Sparetime 
#1 ·
Do you do most of your striper fishing from the shore - boat - freshwater - saltwater - river - marsh - or lake? I thought it would be fun to poll you guys.

#110 ·
Re: What kind of striper fishing do you do?

99% beach with the 4wheeler, easier on the ole knees... used to fish the boat but got to be more of a pia than enjoyment... Have a small place on the obx and do some fishing down there when ever I can get free of NJ and the grands.....cinch

#112 ·

99.8% of my fishing is from shore & judging by the poles looks like shore fishing rules!!!!!!!
My usual haunt is the C.C.Canal (yes I have a canal cruiser),I fish at night & drift eels,If IM lucky enough and stay for the sunrise I'll plug,jig buck tails,spoons and shads.I guess you can say all of my fishing is at night I personally think it's the only way to go.

After being cooped up all winter I'll fish daylight or anytime hrs.for the Spring run,heck @ this point it really doesn't matter just as along as I get out there and wet a line.

Good luck this yearthumbsup.gif

5/0

#116 ·

Flat out....You Guy's got balls!(The skishin crew)
I love fishing,grew up fishing since I was able to walk.....You can't put me in there territory in the dark of night!What I mean is,here you are fishing in the dark of night hundreds of yards off shore in a wet suit with a bag off eels on your side,you catch a nice fish & decide to keep it and tie it to your belt,but little did you know she's bleeding a lil bit....Now your shark bait.Right?!
I forgot to mention what about boaters that come in close to shore or a$$hole boater looking to start problems,
I know there have been no reports of shark attacks but with my luck I know If try Skishin I'll be the first one to get attacked by a shark!

5/0

#118 ·

Well I picked freshwater lake from bank. It was the closest there was. I actually fish the dam from the bank. The way the guntersville dam is set up is there is a long wall that runs the side of the water. Start at the top and walk down the wall keeping up with the current. Hard work...hot...and will wear you out fast. But 110% worth it. I have pulled some monster fish from here.

Several Salts 25+lbs a few hybrid between 10-20 lbs. A couple of cats upwards of 50lbs. More Drum over 30lbs that I can count. Giant alligator gar, huge carp, and amazingly large crappie in the winter along with a good deal of sauger.
All in all lake guntersville is just an amazing spot for fishing. I have been going there since I was about 5 years old. And I do not plan on changing anytime soon!

#121 ·

I do a lot of fishing from shore (mostly because of weather and time constraints) but I love fishing from my boat.

#122 ·

skishing? i saw paul do this and thought "how f$%#@#g cool. many would think a bluefish would be dangerous in this venue but as it fights it really isn;t after anything but getting away. handling a 15 pound chopper in this manner has to be a friggen blast@

#128 ·

sure you do. sure sure sure, you only wanna try cause you saw the cow. watch it again and say that . or better yet, go out to the beach at night and picture it. i passed that age of activity and adrenaline rush (i think)

#129 ·

Come to think of it......being in the ocean at night is kinda creepy. I remember when I was a kid we went swimming at night and SOMETHING bumped up against my foot and i almost crapped myself. It was probably a striper or something but I thought it was a freakin shark at the time.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.