Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

What kind of striper fishing do you do mostly?

What kind of striper fishing do you enjoy most?

95K views 226 replies 176 participants last post by  Sparetime 
#1 ·
Do you do most of your striper fishing from the shore - boat - freshwater - saltwater - river - marsh - or lake? I thought it would be fun to poll you guys.

#44 ·
Re: What kind of striper fishing do you do?

WHAWAWAAAAAA :)
I'm crying with ya, Jeff, I fish from boat, yak and shore, fresh water, though I have fished saltwater from boat and yak, and I'd fish from pier if there was one, but wouldn't fish upriver in a boat cause the fish are below the dam, so I'm feeling your pain bro.
Jeff

#11 ·
Im sure she came from some dark hole. th_icon_loll.gif
th_sm19.gif And in this corner we have the all time greatest ,
The Irish Lunker Spelunker :cheers:
And directly across the drink a googlie eyed beast of a striper.

my moneys on the irishman .
Fat chance she was getting away! nice one roccus

#14 ·
Welp this is my first post on this site and I see im one of the minority fishing freshwater :BenNudd: well im going to be trying my hand at some surf fishing this year with a buddy of mine that fishes the surf im going to get him into some freshwater fishing and hes gonna take me out on the surf. This will be my 3rd year with this @#$# striper bug and let me tell ya im loving it.

#15 ·
Passportman,
welcome to our little party.... Striped bass are the aristocrat of surf fish, although I do most of my fishing from a boat i rarely fish in water over 5', often times gliding along the surf by electric power while the surfcastrers are catching a nap....

you'll find that often the fish are at your feet, right in the foam and slop so long casts are not needed, snoop around the sight, we have some of the best surfcasters in the buisness here....Enjoy!

Roc

#16 ·
thanks for the welcome roccus! I plan on fishing the surf when I have to stay home instead of heading to the lake so I can make it down for a day or to do some night fishing cadicted.gif my weekends are mon tues and wed and i work thurs thru sunday so hopefully ill be able to find some fish. not really expecting much for my first year surf fishing but am ready to learn thumbsup.gif i just like to be outside esp with a rod in hand

#18 ·
I fish from the shore - right on DE river

Bought a house on the river near Salem, NJ and am hoping to have a good spring season. Last year we got a 17 and a 19 pounder - I'm sure that is not big to you seasoned fisherman, but oh man, what fun that was. Now that we live here, we are hoping to do that on a regular basis.

thumbsup.gif

#19 ·
I fish from shore during the annual Hudson River spawning run each spring near off private property near Coxsackie. While we haven't landed any bunkers from the spot, but we've had our share of fun with the littles ones and watching the big ones get reeled onto boats offshore. Can't wait for the fishies to get up here!

#20 ·
Saltwater Surf &
Saltwater pier/jetty and I think I'm gonna try wading the marshes in J-bay
though I do some boat fishing out at plum gut with a buddy from the east end.

#22 ·
I fish for 'em however I can. I don't own a boat, so I'll join a charter or hit a head boat to get to them. I'll hit the beach when it sounds like there's a good chance of fish in the area, but I'm an hour from the ocean so I have to pick my days. My best bet is wading the flats off Cape Cod when I'm on vacation. I prowl around with the flyrod drawing stares and looks of disbelief but I just love wading and throwing a fly.
Then again, there's nothing like throwing a yo-zuri popper while drifting past a frenzied school off Sandy Hook, with birds screaming and bait trying to fly. It's all good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.