Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Desperation setting in......

13K views 67 replies 16 participants last post by  zimno1 
#1 ·
Had to go to the beach tonight and spend the last hour of light fishing....got one small striper for my trouble :lol:
April can't get here fast enough.

Ed

#2 ·
Oh stop yer moaning and crying!
It's January 25th and you're out in near 50 degrees temps catching bass.

Just think, you could be one of the guys up north th_icon_loll.gif

#3 ·
Way to go Ed. I'm hoping this wind will die down some, if it will, I'm likely going to go freshwater striper fishing on Friday. I've got to be to RDU to pick up the wife mid-afternoon, so I hope to just wipe the whole schedule and hit the lake by 7-8AM. I should have a good 4-5 hours before I have to run home and change vehicles. (So she can bust me when we get back home from the airport and the boat is still hooked to the truck...) hello.gif

The lake temps have been a tad warm for the local striped ones, and we're hitting some good mid-20s temps this week at night, and mid 50s during the days. That should get the temp down enough to scare up a few I hope. The last cold snap had a positive effect on them, according to local reports anyway. They hit live and artificials pretty good there near Christmas, which was the most recent winter-like weather we've had here this season. Wierd.

Here's to my bud Ed, catching a fish, on a Wednesday, in January! lol :cheers: How cool is that.

#5 ·
ya... what sudsy said!!!!!! :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

It 15 here this morning, supposed to be 50 tomorrow.. this is nuts, the ice isnt safe... we have no surf fish to speak of(even the skates have gone dormant) and your catchin bass.. you lucky son of a gun..... :notworthy:

#6 ·
FYI, word on the street is that there are still some big bass being taken drifting eels in the Cape May Rips.

#10 ·
Hmmmmm.........Sudsy said:
FYI, word on the street is that there are still some big bass being taken drifting eels in the Cape May Rips
And then Roc said:
I just turned a new batch of jointed eel plugs that need a test....
Add them up and, if my math is correct, that = Road Trip!!
Hey, Cape May is only a couple of hours away for me, if you northerly guys flew into Atlantic City airport we'd be in Cape May in about an hour, so....How Bad Have You Got It?

Ed

#13 ·
still taking bass in RI

hey guys, first time posting.... if you are in Rhody, there are plenty of bass to be taken by the power plant in Providence by the Point St. Bridge. People are catching a bunch of them due to the hot water dumping of the power plant. best time to go is around 7 ish pm. let me know how you make out. just don't eat them!!!!! may make you grow a dorsal fin! headbang.gif

#14 ·
Welcome aboard.

Normally I'd be editing that kind of explicit spot burning but being that it's the middle of January and a few hundred miles away and should be in a different forum, I'm going to let this one slide :)

FYI, our policy regarding spots is as follows:

-------------------------------------------------------

What, how, boat or beach and when is great but please don't be too specific naming the spots, Bayshore, Hook, NoMon, SoMon, NoOcean, SoOcean......... is plenty.

Bayshore = Parkway Bridge to Atlantic Highlands
Hook = Sandy Hook
NoMon = SeaBright to Asbury Park
SoMon = Bradley Beach to Manasquan
NoOcean = Point Pleasant to Seaside
IBSP = Island Beach State Park
SoOcean = Toms River to Forked River
For river or back bay fish just use one of the above terms and follow with "in the back"

------------------------------------------------------
All the areas listed are around 5 to 10 miles in length. Plenty of info to give us a feel for whats happening but not enough to put 30 guys on one jetty.
It's obviously going to be worded a bit differently in the other regional forums, but the principal is the same.

#15 ·
Yup, spot burning is a crime punishable by being forced to drink a quart of aged eel slime. th_icon_loll.gif Welcome to the site

Most power plants hold bass all winter even a few blue fish, I can think of two within 20 minute drive of my house, but I'll wait til "season" which for us is early-mid May,....

But the thought of hooking into a big gal... now thats worth a review!

#19 ·
I hate rules myself.
But the penalty for spot burning is silence.
Power plant discharges are like saying theres shorties in the river. :)
Welcome aboard though sokedai7371 hello.gif
Your profile says martial arts so Ill be very nice. thumbsup.gif

#20 ·
wow. the new jack makes his first post and is verbally accosted. way to go gents. as striperjims annointed lord of the googans i command you to retard your badgering! icon_king.gif
baitrunner would like you all to call roto rooter should he not return from his hasty departure! lmfao

#22 ·
Were not badgering Zim. th_icon_loll.gif Desperation is settng in. Its our way of welcoming the new guy. He's right. :) If we wanted to we could always head out to a nearby power plant. Or take a long drive south. headbang.gif

#25 ·
Ya know that Zim is a veritable Master of Disguise, he has appeared in these forums in more different uh.....conditions......than anyone else I can think of.
And always stylish, too.

Ed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.