Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

How has your fall run been so far?

Tags
fall run
13K views 52 replies 40 participants last post by  Fish Whisperer 
#1 ·
The Bass are up to Joisey already. I was looking in the bay the other night and man they were cruising I was able to see HUGEEEEE wakes left and right and followed up by Snappers exploding out of the water.

Me?

I had a 4lb Weakfish on a Cherry Tomato from my Mcdonalds Salad. I was waiting for a friend to snag Bunker or get a snapper for me to liveline and it was really interesting.

I also had one short Weakie on a piece of chicken from the salad as well.

Either way it was pretty funny.

#33 ·
Hi guys

Been off site for a while : ( . The last couple of times I've fished have been in the bay (Wickford area and a couple of days ago up in Providence around Bold Point) and it was dead.

Before that I had been going to Narragansett and had gotten a few mid to upper 30" bass but still slow and not like other years, especially in the bay, at least not so far.

I plan to fish the Narragansett area again tomorrow around the evening high tide with some eels or tube and worm if anybody cares to join me.

Brad

#41 ·
Hi guys

Been off site for a while : ( . The last couple of times I've fished have been in the bay (Wickford area and a couple of days ago up in Providence around Bold Point) and it was dead.

Before that I had been going to Narragansett and had gotten a few mid to upper 30" bass but still slow and not like other years, especially in the bay, at least not so far.

I plan to fish the Narragansett area again tomorrow around the evening high tide with some eels or tube and worm if anybody cares to join me.

Brad
The bay has been unbelievable! Far from dead and much better than the past few seasons.
My dad is out of commission with an injury and is going completely out of his mind watching me and a few friends slay LAHGE in one of his favorite spots,all in the bay and in areas that most guys wouldn't think of casting a line.
They're here go get 'em while you can.

#34 ·
Good luck Brad! Work the shorelines & reefs. I'll be fishing the canal tomorrow morning and probably down near Sakonett tomorrow night. It's been an GREAT year for me in the south end of the bay so far this fall. One I'm sure I'll remember till I die. thumbsup.gif

#45 ·
Going to fish the Chick's Beach area tonight, heard they are getting nice speckled trout, Ive got the best of both worlds a lake 200 ft from my house with killer freshwater fishing and four blocks to the pilings of the Chesapeake bridge tunnel.........I've got a hot tip for those who will listen..throw some Halco Tremblers.....and if your boat fishing drag a giant Trembler....hold on to your rod these baits are killer....the only hang up is they are from down under and I've had to mail order for them ..Its been well worth it though. The Rockfish are going small right now but the big ones will be coming..the trout are to around 6 lb. the Large mouths in the lake are turning on right now with the cold weather..........:flyfish:

#46 ·
Re: How has your fall run been so far?-halcos

as far as giant tremblers go iv bin trolling them for years, on wire or lead core in are spring run of sripers down from the hudson in the longisland sound, thay work, so do braid black jacks, ---are fall run of thies fish dose not seem to happen at all as of 10 /22. shake.gif----iv bin putting the time in dropping jiggs thru every bait cluster from 18' to 45' of water no fish to be had!!!! lots of fish in the spring, nov, marks give up time for me. darn sound!!---it conects right to the east river to. im 5 min from the harbore, we do well all season till sep then it dies!!!!---thats why i like longisland and surf fishing....in the fall.

#48 ·
Fished the Cape May rips all day yesterday. Live eels, live peanut bunker, live perch, live cob mullet and we caught nothing but a headache. I know the water is still too warm, but there HAS to be fish out there. I catch more stripers in the back-wood-rivers. I went out for a swim in the ocean last and I realized the water is way warmer than last year at this time. I guess Delmarva needs a little patience? I will stick to the perch and large mouths for 10-15 more days. But the Atlantic needs to cool down or we will be striper fishing in January. th_icon_splitform.g:

#52 ·
I fish mainly SJ, from Ocean CIty south, has been very slow for me & the guys I fish with, has not really been good in Southern end of Jersey yet but from what I've heard it is starting to get better good reports of bass2 to 3 miles out and some a little farther most beaches have been hit or miss but some big blues are starting to show with some bass, the hard thing isgetting fresh bunker, should only get better from now onwoohoo.gif

#53 ·
Yep I fish the Central Jersey Area....The Fish just aren't coming into the surf like the last few years....We have a ton of fish right now on Sandeels but they are well out of casting range for us "Sand Slingers" most days and the night bite is horrible atleast for me. Its been mostly a morning bite but after the sun get up past the horizon the fish move off.

Live 2 Fish
<><
Forced 2 Work

Fish Whisperer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.