Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

How far do you travel to fish?

How far is your destination to travel for striperfishing?

75K views 111 replies 104 participants last post by  fishinmurph 
#1 ·
I travel two hours to the nearest Salt and 15 minutes to the upper Delaware,
very hit and miss for Stripers up this far.
It's 40 minutes to nearest freshwater impoundment but without a boat its pretty much just a nice day out.
I have traveled - from Maine to Virginia.
Eastern long Island is 4 1/2 hours.
How far is it for you?

#36 ·
Depending on where the run is: My home is 10 minutes from the surf on Long Beach Island N.J. Most of my fishing is done in the evenings after work, my job is 5 minutes away from some of the most productive striper fishing in Monmouth County here in N.J. But I have traveled to O.B.X, Virginia Beach, Montauk, and Connecticut to fish for Stripers .

Live 2 Fish
<><
Forced 2 Work

Fish Whisper

#44 ·
I travel from Forest Hill, MD to APG; about a 30-40 minute drive depending on traffic. Once I get more knowledge fishing for stripper and get more comfortable with the kayak I plan on expanding my hunting grounds but we all know that work, family and funds determine where and how much we go fishing.:salute:

#51 ·
Since our striper fishing is gone due to the california water wars, I make two trips to Rhode Island Or Mass each year..Thats 5-8 hrs by plane for a stay of 2 weeks .. And believe me , its worth it..I only catch & release, with a lot of tugs & release to hopefully catch the next year..I appreciate the east coast sharing their fishery with us west coasters..thanks, Jim

#52 ·
Alot of weeknights I fish for just 3 to 4 hrs, because I can be casting my bunker chunk in under 15 minutes, after leaving the house. Sometimes it is not the most productive spot, but it is closeby, and beats laying on the couch watching TVtill bedtime! Other times when I dont have to be in work, I can be in a variety of locations from Jamaica Bay to Sandy Hook in under 45 minutes.