Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Do you think fishing locations should be displayed without editing on public forums?

• Never - only general area information or in private

Votes: 112 39.4%
  • Always - You have to know how to fish anyway

Votes: 56 19.7%
  • In certain circumstances when its in an online print magazines and already well known

Votes: 63 22.2%
  • Never only upon death and then lie about it.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • Could care less if i dont fish the area

Votes: 11 3.9%
  • Could care less period.

Votes: 24 8.5%

Public Forum Spot Giving Poll

72K views 77 replies 49 participants last post by  treedude363 
#1 ·
What is your opinion on the issue?

#67 ·
The Salisbury area is good( my boat is slip berthed in Salibury).... I haven't been on the water since i stopped ice fishing 4 weeks ago.. trying to catch up on my "honey do's" before I dissapear for the summer..... Im Getting the DT's... I took the cover off the boat Sunday.... I'll probably splash it next week... schoolies should be here any day now...

#68 ·
We headed up to Plum Island today for some surfcasting and it was the first time I've been skunked. Not even a nibble. However, I did find out that those little Rainbow Loom elastics worked great at holding my sea clams on... YAY!!! Currently, we only have a small 16' boat and we put her in last year at the Salisbury Reservation. Stayed strictly in the "no wake" zone of the river and it was scary as hell. People weren't following the no wake rules at all. Now, we are looking for a used boat that is a bit more sea worthy. I've only fished for stripers from the shore so, needless to stay, Im anxious to try it from a boat. Thinking about heading up to Salisbury on Mother's Day. My bf said we could do anything I wanted for Mother's Day and of course I said... I wanna go fishing. LOL. Hurry up and get the "Honey Do's" done. John and I would love to meet ya sometime.

#74 ·
Fishing information IS given away and displayed enough throughout the internet.
I"ve been fishing since I was three or four years old, learned to READ magazines and became a very proficient all around outdoorsman starting at 14 yrs.. old.
There are pieces of me left behind from 40+ Hard learned years of fishing.
Been through 4 hurricanes in 3 months learning how to fish in Florida.
Slept in 22deg. weather in a tent in the Adirondacks of NY in Nov.,fishing for Brooktrout.
Almost severly hurt myself fishing for Stripers in a storm on CapeCod., got so many close calls and near misses and that's not even counting the HUNDREDS of hours I research the subject of my passion of fishing during the pre, during and post season. The physical labor is tremendous due to the fact that I fish 80% of the time without a boat, ( I do have boats) And last year I attached myself to a Striper down to the bone of my middle finger via 7" pencil popper.
And YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT ??? ABOUT WHERE??
I do write articles about fishing basically geared torward the Newbie, and it is good starter info, and if you are reading it you are no threat to me even if I'm fishing right next to you, I have even GIVEN my pole to people who weren't catching fish.
But please, have respect to yourself and put the time in.
Yes, lines should be drawn.tard.gif

#77 ·
I have strong feelings on this subject. I think it is up to an INDIVIDUAL whether they share their spot or not. It should not be dictated by any 'governing' body. That is called censorship. Certainly respect the individual who decides not to share critical details of their trip. However, those that do should not be chastised. I was just 'flamed' a few days ago on the *assbarn because of my opinion. The problem there is the forum is run by the sponsors who don't want individuals posting the spots that they followed the sponsors (party and charter boats) to.
FWIW, *assbarn is fading. Not much in way of interesting topics anymore.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.