Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Screen names Where did your username come from?

31K views 150 replies 107 participants last post by  jd371 
#1 ·
Screen names. Some are really odd, some are really clever, some are obvious and some are generic.
Striperjim was easy, not too clever, nor creative, pretty generic.
I've always been curious about the names fishermen (women) take, or have been given. Anyone have any stories on their member names or selections?
Some are very cool I bet. thumbsup.gif

#64 ·
Re: Screen names

I think there may be a thread on this already but mine's easy with no creativity... 1st name last initial... I guess my parents picked out tis screen name for me many moons ago :whistle:

BryanL

#65 ·

About fifteen years ago,purchased our first boat, USED.So excited and proud of our first boat and taking the sellers word for it being a dependable boat, took a couple of friends out on the maiden voyage.Not even making it to the fishing spot.As we were being towed back to the ramp, my wife said "I'v got the perfect name for this boat BASS AACKWARDS":lff3:.That name has stuck with me ever since.Do own a much newer,nicer,and very dependable used boat now.

#66 ·

About fifteen years ago,purchased our first boat, USED.So excited and proud of our first boat and taking the sellers word for it being a dependable boat, took a couple of friends out on the maiden voyage.Not even making it to the fishing spot.As we were being towed back to the ramp, my wife said "I'v got the perfect name for this boat BASS AACKWARDS":lff3:.That name has stuck with me ever since.Do own a much newer,nicer,and very dependable used boat now.
Im kinda new here on da board & I should have searched first,sorry if I have offended the Thead Gods :notworthy:

Nice story Bass Aack,good luck with the new boat,I wish you many cows:cheers:

BryanL.......Original hello.gif

#69 ·

It never hurts to relive these types of posts....

Mine is simple for anyone familuare with the history of our beloved striper...

The original scientific name for the striped one was Roccus saxatillis...

then some smart a** scientist discovered that there was a fish in another country that bore the same name and they changed it to a much less noble.. Morone saxatillis..

#76 ·

RIjake

RI-Rhode Island-where I live
jake-New England slang for firefighter, my chosen profession.
Like RIJake, I too am a fireman. One of the tools we use is called a hook, combine that fire hook and a fish hook = hooks. Since I'm from North Carolina you get.... nchooks
Pretty original screen names guy's I like itthumbsup.gif
You both have dangerous careers & your brave:cheers:

#81 ·

Mine is the name of my uncles boat (and two numbers i like) in Avalon NJ.....i pretty much lived there in the summer when i was growing up......if i wasn't fishing i was figuring out ways to catch bait for fishing

#88 ·

There's a story with my name as well. Dirt Chicken.... We used to live in Montana and they have different names for things. A tamarack tree is called a larch and a brook is a "crick". Dirt chicken is the same as a red neck. The kids call me DC for short too. So there you have it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.