Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Screen names Where did your username come from?

31K views 150 replies 107 participants last post by  jd371 
#1 ·
Screen names. Some are really odd, some are really clever, some are obvious and some are generic.
Striperjim was easy, not too clever, nor creative, pretty generic.
I've always been curious about the names fishermen (women) take, or have been given. Anyone have any stories on their member names or selections?
Some are very cool I bet. thumbsup.gif

#33 ·
Re: Your Member Name?

I had a great uncle that used to call me cheech when I was a kid. Then is high school I used to hang out with another kid named Frank. We both got tired of turning around when our name was called so one day someone called me cheech and it stuck. As for the 43, that was my # when I played football. And because I still throw that # in there my wife refers to me as Al Bundy. (I don't mind, he's my idol!)

#34 ·

Mine is pretty mundane I guess. But here it is.

This is the name of a band I have, and when I first went online, I was doing it for publicity to a certain extent. Now I am in a number of various types of forums as JoeSixpack, or J6P.

I also think I am fairly middle of the road in a number of areas, so it may be sorta fitting.

Ok now I know it's mundane.

#35 ·

I had sold my bass boat before I joined this forum and was fishing out of a canoe when I couldn't bum a ride with my buddies...add the fact that FOGHAT RULES!!! band.gif (CLASSIC ?!? rock..man, I'm getting OLD!!)

#38 ·

when I was a kid playing games at arcades, you could put your name in the high scores list. Most were only three letters. But when the home consoles came around you could use anything. I've always liked to fish and mepps just sounded good to me. I've used that for almost everything that is game/message board related.

#50 ·

My handle is named after my fathers boat, the Final Fantasy. My dad was a huge Marlin sportfisher, he owned a 54' betram and fished all over the world - St. Thomas, Venezuela, Isla Mujeres - in pursuit of the Blues. There is an article writtine about the boat in Marlin Magazine - http://www.marlinmag.com/other/other/playing-the-numbers-game-16454.html

My dad passed away 3 years ago. Him and I fished so damn much when he was alive. Everytime I'm out on the water fishing, I feel a spirtual connection with him. I just finally got a boat this year, so I've been feeling that a lot lately!

#51 ·

wow, really good season then. sorry about your dad as i cannot find the pics of mine on the boats in the 50's with all the guys in khaki fishing clothes. big 15lb blackfish/etc. i know how you feel. i thank him every time i get a fish as he wanted to be cremated and ashes put in the sea off the highlands. if i lose fish or catch junk fish or even foulhook them i chalk it up as his sense of humor. email me some pics or post them, jim probably won;t mind marlin shots.icn___clap.gif

#53 ·

I was involved in the Prince Edward Island Wildlife Federation for 10 years, Director year one, branch President 6 years, provincial President 3 years.Over a few and then some more beers one night a buddy from the Alberta Fish and Game asc. found out I shoot a .338 Lupua Mag. for Big game, a Berreta Exterma, a SP10,.44 S&W Mag. drive a 68 Chevelle with 800 HP and that I have a on-going bet for being the best wingshot on Canada Geese. Then after asking the question about what is most important in hunting and fishing to me I said "PREPARATION, PRESENTATION, then find your LIMITATIONS". At that point I think I found my limitation. The rest of the conference he labelled me Wild Dave. Thanks just Dave

#55 ·

You can add a custom user title to your profile in the user control panel.
Instead of swabby, lunker, Veteran, old salt, etc. etc.
By default they have to be set individually by an administrator.
So If you have at least 5 posts or figure you will be posting that many,
PM me and I will set the user title to custom if it is not set to user custom .

thumbsup.gif

#56 ·

My nickname has always been Happy, I believe it came from the old show Mchale's Navy. When I got my first boat it came to me and I named it "Happy Angler". Most of all my Family and Friends know me by my nickname and not my real one, When I graduated back in 79 I had to write in my nickname so that they would know who I was. Only my immediate family knows me by my real first name Charles! I have been told they should have named me Grouchy ecspecially by my wife!!!!

#57 ·

In the late 1980's I went down to hunt spring turkey in West Virginia. My host took me to Coalman Hollow. One day I noticed a faint trail leading off the point I was going down. It led me to the old family cemetery of the Coalman's. The head stones dated back to the 1840's before the Civil War right till the turn of the 1900's.
I went to the town library and looked up the family. Coalman Hollow was the home of the mound making Indians. The Coalman's moved in in the early 1800's and built one of the largest farms in that part of WV. Nothing there today to prove that except the foundations of the house and barns. It is now 500 acres of mature hardwood. I went back to the hollow for 14 straight spring seasons. I shot the biggest turkey of my life just above the cemetery and the old home site.
Coalman Hollow has been very very good to me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.