Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Local Tourney

Tags
local tourney
7K views 52 replies 10 participants last post by  GunnySniper 
#1 ·
Sat the 26th 12 AM until 7AM. Newport RI. $20 bucks a head. We all meet up (anyone thats interested). We pick #'s from a hat to pick the teams. Teams of 2. Teams are split up with a rival (so there is no cheating). The team with the most inches will take the pot. Score cards will be a must with the rivals initial on every fish landed. I do a freshwater style like this every year and everyone has a great time. Let's have some fun!!!!!!!!!

#35 ·
Thats great another drippy weekend just like the weekend before last, I love this stuff.

#37 ·
Thats a good idea I think, I know the wind is going to be up there so the waves will be too, it might be tough to fish, however if we go around the corner where gunny showed us that area is protected nicely from the wind and waves so it might be worth a look....

#43 ·
Im with you, I could care less about the tourney if we get a decent group together I will drive out to fish....

#45 ·
With the forecasted wave heights I wouldn't suggest going alone unless its during the day and even still thats risking it.

#48 ·
Where I'm planning on goin it's protected. I shouldn't have the main surf hit me. It should crash the rocks 75 yards in front of me. But I'll check it out and if appears dangerous I won't fish but I gotta go check it out.

#47 ·
Undecided at this point....if at all.

#51 ·
Yeah Im working too but left my cell at home....

#52 ·
Gunny and Baitrunner are out. I'm considering hitting SP in the AM. The fish there have been coming alive just around sun up. I'd rather get there then rather than fish all night in this snot to wait for the action to start. And if it gets real bad tomorrow JIG THE DITCH. We will get everyone together for a Tourney before the Fall Run is over. I am considering bringing my hand net to the ditch. There is squid,mack,pogie and mullett all over the place.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.