My Striper season in a nut shell - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Hudson River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Hudson River The mighty Hudson River reports information and Discussion

Old 05-29-2007, 12:14 PM
Winning !
Pro Staff

Default My Striper season in a nut shell

Well i made notes as the season went along and here are some numbers we accounted for. Overall we were quite pleased with numbers, but size was down from past years.

From 5/4 - 5/28 (actually 16-days on the water) between 2-boats

Skunks - 5
Total fish boated - 78
Best day total - 26
Over 20lbs - 6
Biggest - 29lbs (Todd won the Troy tourny with it)
Average size was 12-18lbs
Got my personal best 22lber (I still have not broke 40" length)
99% caught while drifting
90% were released

Never really had a problem with bait all season, the Stripers did seemed more scattered this year.

I have to thank my buddies (the boat owners) Kevin,Todd,Lance ... they are the best !!!!

BB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2007, 02:49 PM
Super Moderator

Talking Re: My Striper season in a nut shell

Between Me My Wife And My Dad We Only Got 22 Fish All From Shore But The Good Thing Was They Wer All In The 17 To 26 Pound Range
Exept For My Wifes 38.5 Inch 30 Pounder .....all And All It Was A Alright Seaseon For Us From Shore But The Run Just Wasnt The Same For Us This Year ..i Got 38 Stripers Last Year My Self Oh Well Theres Always Next Year I Think Iam Getting A Boat For Next Year Lol Haha

Untill Next Time Good Fishing Every One
Time For Some Small Mouth Bass
Old 05-29-2007, 05:09 PM
Lunker

Default Re: My Striper season in a nut shell

Sounds like you both had a very good season, I would sure like to know more about that drifting method. I know I gave it a good effort, I drifted with the line back away from the boat, straight down from the boat, but the only fish I caught came when I was anchored. I used a fishfinder rig with varying weights, much like Scotia Hunter had pictured, and a minimum 3' flourocarbon leader. I tried varying the leader length from 3' to 5'. I know I am already looking forward to next year....and I am certain the wife is not....though she was very understanding (first year with a boat)!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2007, 07:32 PM
Lunker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hung4wheeler View Post
Between Me My Wife And My Dad We Only Got 22 Fish All From Shore But The Good Thing Was They Wer All In The 17 To 26 Pound Range
Exept For My Wifes 38.5 Inch 30 Pounder .....all And All It Was A Alright Seaseon For Us From Shore But The Run Just Wasnt The Same For Us This Year ..i Got 38 Stripers Last Year My Self Oh Well Theres Always Next Year I Think Iam Getting A Boat For Next Year Lol Haha

Untill Next Time Good Fishing Every One
Time For Some Small Mouth Bass

Just bought a new boat......selling my 1993 Bass Tracker..17 ft deep V.....40 lb thrust trolling motor 60 hp johnson motor....live wells...bilge pump 2 pedestal seats good cond....$4500.00 [email protected]
Old 05-29-2007, 08:51 PM
First Mate @ Ace Charters

Congrats !!!! Dave Lindsay stopped by my house tonight and I heard the whole story - I really hope you enjoy your new boat - I hope it treats you good just as it did me ... Please take care of my baby ...

Jeff
Old 05-29-2007, 09:57 PM
Lunker

Smile Re: My Striper season in a nut shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotia_Hunter View Post
Congrats !!!! Dave Lindsay stopped by my house tonight and I heard the whole story - I really hope you enjoy your new boat - I hope it treats you good just as it did me ... Please take care of my baby ...

Jeff
Hey Scotia Hunter: Went by Alpin Haus yesterday to check out the boat,and couldn't find it anywhere.....got home and called my neighbor who is also a salesman there and told him the whole story. Based on your description,I Went to his house and gave him a deposit check site unseen to hold the boat for me to look at tomorrow (today we went striper fishing and got two more) He called tonite & said he couldn't believe it ... it looked like new and seemed to have been very well kept.......can't wait till tomorrow to finally see what i bought..........thanks so much for the info you gave me ..........Blumaxx
Old 05-30-2007, 10:24 PM
Official Member

Thanks Bri for keeping track.I wish we got you a 40+ this year.
Did you keep track of how many we lost?Many more...
How much lost tackle?
I must have lost 20 setup in those few weeks.
Oh thanks for the BAIT MAN....
Old 05-30-2007, 11:39 PM
Winning !
Pro Staff

Quote:
Thanks Bri for keeping track.I wish we got you a 40+ this year.
Did you keep track of how many we lost?Many more...
How much lost tackle?
I must have lost 20 setup in those few weeks.
Oh thanks for the BAIT MAN....

Yeah, i am really going to stock up on additional tackle next year. May-Daze really hooked us up this year !!

I can't believe it has passed already. 10 months of prep for 4-weeks of fishing ... i really wish they stuck around here longer.

Well, on to the (much smaller) green and brown bass. Hope to mix in some big slime darts too.

BB