Big Winds & choices - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > The Striper Forum
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

The Striper Forum All things Striper. Striped Bass Fishing Room Born on date March 11 2004.

Old 10-13-2005, 01:53 PM

Default Big Winds & choices

You guys have much more experience than me. I have tried:

Standing in the windward:
throwing anything with weight into the whitewater off of rock faces which is great but you can't be tired - rouge waves will kill you. I not afraid to much of drowning more afraid of being smashed to pulp trying to get back up the rock face & then drowning. (2 people got it this way a couple of years ago where I fish). The bass end up taking a beating as well so not much catch & release in this case.

In the lee: smaller fish, harder to find but safer.

Up Tidal creeks:
hmmmm..... big hungry fish going up river in search of fry in the fall .... bugs not so bad.

Please what do you think o wise ones. What floats your boat ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2005, 02:36 PM

My advice is find a spot that's leeward. Better to be safe than dead. Besides, with the kind of blow we've been having, windward shorelines will be loaded with seaweed.