Becomming a better fisherman - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > The Striper Forum
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

The Striper Forum All things Striper. Striped Bass Fishing Room Born on date March 11 2004.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:35 PM
Official Member

Default Becomming a better fisherman

I fished for Bass for many years till I got into biking . Now I am back for some relaxation . I fish deeper water and target bigger fish .

I started walleye fishing again a couple years ago . I catch some nice stripers or Whipers as they are called . I do good in the around walleye season when I start fishing and fall drifting or trolling live bait .

My bait of choice seems to be the rattle trap and crawlers because minnies die in the heat. I found them off a point back in a cove where they were pushing the shad in to feed 1 time . I caught a few others on traps but I want to become better .

I use a spinner worm harnest and jigs at times . I use crawlers mostly due to the minnies dieing after the water warms up .I have some spots I seem to catch my fish at 1 lake . Both lakes are about 350 acres . Lake Pinchot has a channel maby 15 ft and at the dam 25 ft . The lower end is shallower except the channel at 15 ft and shallower .

Lake Redman is like a soup bowl on 1 side and goes from shallow to 25 ft within casting distance from the shoreline the second lake is shallower . Now my question is how I can become a better striper fisherman . Lake Redman has 20 lb pluss real stripers . That lake has no weeds at all . Both lakes I do my best with worm harnest and traps and minnnies in the fall.

I try to fish the channel in deeper water except points where I may cast shallow and back to deeper water . I know summer the water warms and fish move to the deep . I tend to fish more deep water , points , humps . I know stripers are schoolers and follow the shad . Is there any tips to help me catch more fish . I put in the time and do a lot of reserch and any help is appreciated . Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2013, 06:15 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: Becomming a better fisherman

Try fishing bucktails or jigging spoons. Try some of the glow bucktails I have listed in the for sale section of this site they glow for up to 24 hours. Fish them deep or bottom bounce them.
Old 11-29-2013, 08:45 AM
Official Member

Thanks . I will check them out .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2013, 05:53 PM
Striper Hunter

You also might want to bottom bounce using a 3 way swivel. You can beat trolling for covering a large amount of water. Figure out what size the bait is and match it.