Advice on a low cost boat - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Boaters Forum
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Boaters Forum This forum is for boaters both fresh and saltwater. Trolling / Tips / Tactics / Maintenance

Old 03-18-2011, 12:04 AM
Official Member

Default Advice on a low cost boat

Hi Guys,
I'll make a long story short. I need some advice. I bought a jet boat last year, then got into fishing. Realized two things, boat was to expensive to keep up with, and I definitely had the wrong boat for the sound. I sold it and took the loss. I just miss being out there to much. I was thinking of getting a used aluminum, I'm guessing deep V-hull just to get out there. Something I could trailer and hide in my yard. What size or type would you recommend for the LI sound. For Striped bass fishing of course. Or am I crazy, and I'll just get knocked around out there? Also how big of a motor? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Vin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2011, 09:23 AM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Default Re: Advice on a low cost boat

Low cost boat... no such animal... unless you buy a float tube or kayak... beyond that, their are costs involved... a 14' aluminum skiff with a 9 or 10 hp motor is as low cost , low maintenance. as it gets..they are fine for sheltered water and bays... after that it gets involved...it all depends on how much you are willing to spend...
Old 03-19-2011, 09:30 AM
Striper Hunter

http://www.newportvessels.com/index....egory&path=ALL

You can take ruffer seas in a RIB then a tin boat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2011, 06:55 PM
"I'll Be Late"

Five telephone poles straped together with hemp. Make sure you use alot of hemp. And don't foget to strap 2 50 gallon drums to the sides for balance. "o" I forgot you will need one paddle.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:58 PM
Official Member

You are absolutely right, no matter what you are dealing with, when it comes to a boat, there is always a limitation, and a price to get by it. It's an endless pit. I guess it was just wishful thinking. The best boat, is one your friend owns. Thanks for the feed back though. Good luck this season!