Northern Aqueduct Fishing? - Page 3 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Interior States and Landlocked Striper Forums > California - Lakes, Rivers, Bay and Delta > California Aqueduct
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Old 03-26-2011, 02:02 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Northern Aqueduct Fishing?

After a good day at Mc Arthur I took my dad a couple of days later and got skunked , we tried 4 spots in about 6 hours for only a couple of bites.The water has been muddy this winter ,wonder if this could be slowing down the bite.Caught in the summer using a blue rattle trap and white soft swim bait in the Westly area , used to fish Westly area a lot on the way home when I lived in Ceres and had lots of good fishing in the summer when the heat was crazy hot.Using all the same set ups and gear in tracy and waiting for the water to clear up.Using a larger hook 1/0 and slider with a 4 ounce weight ,have seen the weight at the end set up pull in fish too. The cali aquaduct has not been flowing much and the water looks cleaner , think i'll give it a try soon .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2011, 12:15 PM
Banned Poacher

Let me know when you do.. I will gladly meet you out there.. I caught 5 keepers last night ranging between 22-26 inches and two throwbacks in about 4 hrs.. Not to bad and FINALLY... I have been fishing the bridge off Macarther and the flood gates off Tracy Blvd... I want my 30 pound beast though... :-) Will post pics soon
Old 03-27-2011, 09:27 PM
Banned Poacher

here they are.... between 22-26 inches
Attached Files
File Type: zip attachments_2011_03_27 (2).zip (70.3 KB, 703 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2011, 09:29 PM
Banned Poacher

Here they are.. Sorry trying to figure out how to post
Attached Images

Old 03-27-2011, 09:51 PM
Banned Poacher

Here we go again.. Sorry folks.. Caught these 03/26 between 22-26 inches...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0327000257.jpg
Views:	519
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	15003  
Old 03-27-2011, 09:55 PM
Official Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iain420 View Post
Let me know when you do.. I will gladly meet you out there.. I caught 5 keepers last night ranging between 22-26 inches and two throwbacks in about 4 hrs.. Not to bad and FINALLY... I have been fishing the bridge off Macarther and the flood gates off Tracy Blvd... I want my 30 pound beast though... :-) Will post pics soon
Nice going but you should read the DFG regulations on striper limits before keeping 5 again. The limit is 2 fish max and minimum length of 18" (except for a few exceptions but your district is not in the exceptions). You are ok on the lengths but you are over the limit by 3 fish. Just an fyi.

5.75. Striped Bass.

• (a) Open season: All year except for closures listed in special regulations.
  • (b) Limit: Two, except in waters listed in (d) below.
  • (c) Minimum size: 18 inches total length except in waters listed in (d) below.
  • (d) Exceptions:
    • (1) In the Colorado River District, the Southern District (except Lake Elsinore, and New Hogan, San Antonio and Santa Margarita lakes
      • (A) Limit: Ten.
      • (B) Minimum size: No size limit.
    • (2) Lake Elsinore has the limit and minimum size shown in (b) and (c) above.
  • (e) For the purpose of these regulations, any striped bass hybrid with white bass is considered to be striped bass.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:46 PM
Banned Poacher

Thanks for the update... Being that I went with 3 other people I was well within the legal law... its 2 fish per person... Thanks though for the update...
Old 03-28-2011, 07:37 PM
Official Member

Quote:
I caught 5 keepers last night ranging between 22-26 inches and two throwbacks in about 4 hrs.. Not to bad and FINALLY... I have been fishing the bridge off Macarther and the flood gates off Tracy Blvd... I want my 30 pound beast though... :-) Will post pics soon
Quote:
Thanks for the update... Being that I went with 3 other people I was well within the legal law... its 2 fish per person... Thanks though for the update...
Well that is not what you posted above. People make mistakes or don't know the rules and it's ok to make a mistake. It's easy after the fact to say there were 3 of you but "I caught" implies you only.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:01 PM
SWIMBAITER

show them the scale , YOYO. lol
Old 03-29-2011, 10:43 AM
Banned Poacher

Once again its how many fish per person per party.. I may have caught all of them but it is within the limit... DIDNT KNOW YOU WERE THE RAT ASS STRIPER POLICE... I will tell you what though.. I will catch 10 by myself and take them home cause I dont really care about the stupid law.. I live the NATURE LAW... They are there for me to catch.. PERIOD..
Old 03-29-2011, 07:42 PM
Official Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodoman View Post
show them the scale , YOYO. lol
What's up dodo?

Quote:
Once again its how many fish per person per party.. I may have caught all of them but it is within the limit... DIDNT KNOW YOU WERE THE RAT ASS STRIPER POLICE... I will tell you what though.. I will catch 10 by myself and take them home cause I dont really care about the stupid law.. I live the NATURE LAW... They are there for me to catch.. PERIOD..
If you caught all of them it is not within the limit and you were poaching. It is not "fish per party". I was just trying to help in case you didn't know the regulations. I'm not the "RAT ASS STRIPER POLICE" but you are one dumb ass poacher and now you're mad you got called out on it. Sad that you know the regs and purposely ignore them and break them and by your own admission will continue to break them. You are also like those dumb criminal shows. You post where you fish for DFG to visit you. Brilliant!
Old 03-29-2011, 11:50 PM
CS3

Quote:
here they are.... between 22-26 inches
Hey It looks like you stepped on those to get a extra inch or 2 hahahaha...Just kidding...hahah..well just to let you know the water lvl has dropped here in feather river around plumas lake...Me and my dad use to fish off the aqudcts also.. off the 4 near some bar and grill i think..good luck they said this might be a hot season...
Old 03-30-2011, 10:14 AM
Banned Poacher

Yolo You are an idiot............. I will poach anything by the way... Its the law of nature not the law of man.......
If you have a problem with it... Than I would be more than happy to meet up with you and show you some of my techniques.... Maybe even shut your mouth for a bit..
Also.. Its 2 per person per party... They cant prove I pulled them all out..
So figure out the Law dipshit before you open your mouth...
BETTER YET.. KEEP YOUR RAT ASS OPINIONS TO YOURSELF....
Old 03-30-2011, 12:33 PM
Official Member

Okay internet tough guy. What a loser! You should really be featured on America's Dumbest Criminals. You would steal the show.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:25 PM
Banned Poacher

O.K.A.Y!!!!!
Ouch.. Sure buddy... Im at Macarthur in Tracy every sunday all day.. I drive a white truck.. Come say hi if your ever in town :-)