Love to live bait, would like to hard bait. What re your favorite trolling lures and tips? Help - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Sweetwater Fishing -Freshwater Stripers
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Sweetwater Fishing -Freshwater Stripers Freshwater fishing discussion. Articles on tactics and techniques for freshwater stripers as well as Bass & other species.

Old 01-28-2009, 01:13 PM
Official Member

Red face Love to live bait, would like to hard bait. What re your favorite trolling lures and tips? Help

I love to live bait for fresh water stripers. Would like to learn any special tips and lure presentations fro those who catch stripes trolling. only caught a couple this way. Any help will be appreciated. Ed (Bricklayer)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2009, 03:12 PM

Default Re: Love to live bait, would like to hard bait. What re your favorite trolling lures and tips? Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
I love to live bait for fresh water stripers. Would like to learn any special tips and lure presentations fro those who catch stripes trolling. only caught a couple this way. Any help will be appreciated. Ed (Bricklayer)

Some of the standbys are bucktails, lipless crankbaits, jig heads with shad bodies, the Storm line of shad imitations and the like in various combinations. I don't think that there is much, if any, question though that umbrella rigs in their countless variations are the most productive way to troll artificials for stripers. There are some many different ways to rig and fish the umbrellas it's mind boggling.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:16 PM
Young salt

Default Re: Love to live bait, would like to hard bait. What re your favorite trolling lures and tips? Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
I don't do much trolling for stripers, but lest we forget the ever popular tube-n-worm and of course live eels. Hmmm, maybe not so much live eels, kinda defeats the purpose doesn't it??? Plus you'd probably have to troll reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally slow, almost a drift!!! Do a search on the tube n worm though, seems to be one of the most effective methods for trolling!!!

StriperHyper ~ Will
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2009, 08:12 PM
First Mate

The old spoonbill rebel/smithwick deep rattlin rogue and a deep shad rap(not sure of the #) works well in my neck of the woods when the fish run upriver to spawn,these will run about 10 ft deep or so and thats about how deep the river is where I fish.I know a older gentleman that does well in the hot summer months using soft plastic swim baits,he uses a carolina rig,which is a ounce or two of lead,then about a 2 foot leader then the swimbait,he has a technique figured out,,so many foot of line out moving at a certian speed equals a certian depth that his lures are running.Most fish caught at that lake in the summertime are 15 foot or less.This wouldnt work where the fish are real deep,such as lake murray where they catch fish in the summertime 60 and 70 foot down.sam