tica rod??? - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Equipment & Tackle --- How To / Do It Yourself Forums > Saltwater Tackle Shop
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Saltwater Tackle Shop Product testing. Terminal tackle and gear forum. This forum is here to help the new and experienced angler in making good decision's when purchasing new gear. Talk about rods, reels, lures etc. here. List tackle or gear that you have experience with so that we may encourage others to try. Index of tackle dealers.

Old 01-03-2008, 04:18 PM
Lunker

Default tica rod???

I was thinking of buying a TICA Dolphin surf rod for throwing some plugs its a 10ft medium action spinner I heard really great things about these moderately priced rods....$92 shipping included online. What do you guys think about the Tica???? any feedback would be helpful thanks......................................................................ps
anyplace locally in SI or South Jersy that carries these rods?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2008, 12:16 AM
swabbie

Default Re: tica rod???

hey phil

i believe the tica dolphin 10ft MH rod is rated at 2-8oz. though a fine rod for the money but i would not recommend this rod for throwing plugs. i think its more suited for chunkin. the lures or plugs that i typically use around the island range from 1-3oz(rubber shads,bottles,kmasters,p-poppers and loaded bombers).

a rod that comes to my mind in that price range would be a tusnami airwave, in particular would be the 9ft MH rated at 1-4oz. 2 piece(TSAWSS 902MH). it falls nicely within range of some of the lures i mentioned before. do a google search and you will come up with a few places locally(NY/NJ) that you could purchase from.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:37 AM
Lunker

Quote:
Originally Posted by soke73 View Post
hey phil

i believe the tica dolphin 10ft MH rod is rated at 2-8oz. though a fine rod for the money but i would not recommend this rod for throwing plugs. i think its more suited for chunkin. the lures or plugs that i typically use around the island range from 1-3oz(rubber shads,bottles,kmasters,p-poppers and loaded bombers).

a rod that comes to my mind in that price range would be a tusnami airwave, in particular would be the 9ft MH rated at 1-4oz. 2 piece(TSAWSS 902MH). it falls nicely within range of some of the lures i mentioned before. do a google search and you will come up with a few places locally(NY/NJ) that you could purchase from.
my mistake it is this one at nine feet Dolphin TC3 9' Surf Spinning
Length: 9', Action: Medium, Line: 10-25lb, Lure Weight: 1/2 - 3oz, 2 Piece

I will look at the airwave too!! thanks for the info see you in the spring
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2008, 07:44 AM
First Mate

i've got a couple of the dolphins and except for the weight ratings have found them very durable rods. the 9' rated 1-3 oz is really happy throwin 2oz maybe 2 1/2 but really struggles with any more. it's got a lot of backbone for fightin. i think for the price it's a fine rod and you won't be sorry.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:31 AM
Lunker

thanks
Old 01-16-2008, 12:18 PM
First Mate

Dolpin is a very nice rod for the money.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:13 PM

Its what I used before i bought my lamis.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:30 AM
Grouchy old Bassturd

Quote:
Originally Posted by scone View Post
i've got a couple of the dolphins and except for the weight ratings have found them very durable rods. the 9' rated 1-3 oz is really happy throwin 2oz maybe 2 1/2 but really struggles with any more. it's got a lot of backbone for fightin. i think for the price it's a fine rod and you won't be sorry.
In addition to the above, I also feel the action is under rated. The action feels heavier that what I would expect from the tag. Not necessarily a bad thing because I like a slightly heavier action anyways on plug rods.
I've 2 Ticas, for the money I'm pleased. But they're conventional.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:13 PM
Striper Hunter

I own two Tica's the 9' and the 10.6 they're a great value. There is a web store digitaldagger in South NJ. who sell them for the best price. Good luck.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:26 PM

It is the only rod a reel combo I use right now and riptide bait and tackle in brigantine always has great deals going on them. And if you live in the area he is having a midnight sale 15 - 50 % off everything I think it is from 10pm to 2am. You can pick them up there cheap