I'm finally home - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Around The Woodstove > The Lounge
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

The Lounge Off-topic discussion here. Non-fishing related chit chat & banter. No Divisive subject matter - No Viscious Political and Religious debates please.

Old 05-16-2006, 06:34 AM

Default I'm finally home

Well, I just finally got home after a long time away last night. Been all over the world in the last month. I'm looking forward to going fishing after I get a few things done on the home side. Looking forward to talking some fishing with all of you again. I wasn't able to check in with my fishing family much while I was gone and I definately missed it. Hope the season is going well for everyone and I look forward to posting some good trips and also reading some.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2006, 07:04 AM
Veteran Elite

Welcome home

I hope you get on the water soon and bring in the cows.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:28 AM

Hey Joe Jr., I was beginning to think you didn't luv us anymore and I was just about to send an Email to your dad asking about you. Thanks for checking in.

Haven't done any striper fishing yet but plan to do some this weekend in Maine either from the boat, if I get it in the water, or the beach. I've fallen a couple of weeks behind schedule with the boat do to 3 broken water pipes I found when we openned the Maine house 3 weeks ago. With those issues now behind me (except for the bills and some cosmetic work) I can concentrate on getting the boat ready.

I've got to install a new fishfinder/depthsounder besides doing the standard stuff. My wife has been visiting her sickly mother down in North Carolina and has spent almost as much time down there over the past 5 months as here and she's leaving again tomorrow for another week. However, this time, I'm planning on taking Thurs. and Friday off, making a long weekend, heading to Maine with the dog (kid works), and getting the boat ready and hopefully, in the water. If I can't get a buddy to help me when I put her in, it could be pretty comical watching me at the boat ramp attempting to do it by myself. I've taken her out many times before by myself but, putting her in, I can really use an extra pair of hands. I'll post any bone-head manuvers so you guys can laugh at me.

Anyway, welcome home Joe Jr. I'm sure you're glad to be home and that you missed both your families.

Tony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2006, 08:00 AM
LunkHead

Hey Joe,
Glad to hear your back in the good ole US of A, the time to get to the water is NOW!!!!
Hug the kids, squeeze the wife, and get ye down to the fishin' hole! Stripers are out front eating clams, in the back are stripes, blues, and weaks, or so I've heard, I've been on the beach.

Ed

"An Evil Barbarian with a Wrench in His Pocket......"

Old 05-16-2006, 08:10 AM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Welcome home Jr.! Not much going on here, the river is a mess, docks are breaking free, My boat is still on land, wating for the flood waters to recede.....
Old 05-16-2006, 08:33 AM

Thanks guys. It feels great to be home. The youngest was just starting to crawl when I left and now she is almost walking. I hope I haven't missed the best of the fishing. I heard about the flood up there dad. Hope everything is okay. I'm hoping to get my rods ready this week and go out later this week if all goes well and the weather allows it.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:44 AM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Joe,
I just heard from Danny, he says most of the marina's on the South side(Newbury port) are heavily damaged or gone alltogether, our marina had some damage to the comercial dock but the rest are intact .... for now.

in his words it looks like a war zone, boats sunk and destroyed, piled up on the shore with docks, he is e-mailing some pics for me... I'll post 'em, I'm going down tonight so I'll have pics in the morning...
Old 05-16-2006, 09:14 AM
Lunker

hi joe,
welcome home! i'm glad that you're safe. your summer plans better
include a visit north... say hi to your girls for me!
Old 05-16-2006, 01:21 PM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

Joe welcome home!!!!!

Old 05-16-2006, 04:15 PM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

back.
Old 05-16-2006, 06:15 PM
First Mate

welcome home :)
Old 05-17-2006, 10:06 AM

No worries absolut! I'm looking at probably mid July time frame on bringing the girls up. Kylee should be walking by then since she's already standing. We'll have to get some good fishing in and do some touring with them around beantown. We're going to Disney in November so I think July will probably work out the best. We're all looking forward to it.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:39 PM

Welcome back Joe!