Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

G.W. Bridge Stripers

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  shipstylin 
#1 ·
Hey guys I live in Riverdale, it in the Bronx on the boarder of Yonkers, just above the G.W. Bridge. I used to fish up by Marist college, but that would be around MAY. Do you guys know when do they show up around the lower part of the river? What water temps to look for? and recommendations for BAIT...thanks for the help guys, because I have the itch bad!!!...lol

#2 ·
You should be able to catch resident schools now to cure the itch. Water's still cold but the more warm days we get, the temperature will creep up a few degrees to push the herring up the river..I hope soon! When I lived in Yonkers, I used to throw rebels and rapalas. Cut bunker or herring should work for you..good luck!

#5 ·
How was the Striper fishing by Marist, your talking at longview park by the marist boathouses right? I have had better luck on the highland side of the river, but I would rather take the shorter trip and no bridge toll and fish on the Poughkeepsie side. I have tried Quiet Cove too, just north of Marist, caught some huge catfish there, but not much Striper action. It is easier to catch the herring there though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.