Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Outboard Electric, Ray vs Torqeedo, or other?

6K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  iowagary 
#1 ·
I have an 18' Lowe with an old, old, 48V Electric outboard that is gasping for air.
I can have it overhauled (not sure of cost yet), but I'm considering replacement.
I'm looking at either the Ray or Torqeedo 48V as the replacement. Steering is wheel/console, and would like to keep that, although remote would be cool.
Does anyone have experience with either that could offer words of wisdom.
I don't know if the newer motors have better efficiency.
Thanks in advance.
Bill

#2 ·
I bought a Torqeedo Travel 1003 and used it on my 15' sailboat all last year for getting through areas diffficult to navigate under sail. I have been very happy with it. Good power and range, lives up to the ads and videos on the Torqeedo website.

Unfortunately, my wife made me get a bigger boat (22' long and about 2500 lbs displacement), and I'm going to need more power and range than I can get from the Torqeedo. Its part number 455354 at defender.com... I'd sell mine for 1/2 the price of new. $900 + shipping. Let me know if you are interested...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.