DE Bay big boys - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > DelMarVA
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

DelMarVA Delaware, Maryland, Virginias, the Delaware River and Bay, Chesapeake Bay area. Regional discussion & reports.

Old 03-30-2007, 07:54 AM

Default DE Bay big boys

So it looks like there are some smaller fish being caught in the bay with a somewhat larger one being caught from time to time. How much longer till the big boys show up? This will be the first year on the DE for me and I can't wait! thinking about next weekend or the following weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2007, 11:21 AM

Default Re: DE Bay big boys

I'm in the same Boat, New to the Bay and lower end of the river, waiting for some good reports to point me in the right direction.
Please post often and share what you find.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:02 PM
Lunker

You guys have to watch the water temperature, thats one of the key things driving the fish to spawn, that plus the presence of food.

And remember the smaller ones taste better and the really big ones are cows that will release millions of eggs if they're allowed to spawn.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2007, 10:48 PM

Daid, I like to take one between 28-30 for the table and release the rest. I haven't caught too many cows but have put all of them back for that reason.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:41 PM
Lunker

Cool Seaclusion, it's amazing how many eggs a big cow carries, and they don't spawn every year when they get big, at least that's what I've read.

I know alot of guys throw back the smaller ones, I think about the Mercury and other goodies in their flesh, so a younger fish is better for the table.

BUT: If I caught something like that 62 lb. Bass that was caught in the fall, it would have to come home with me!