Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  captiankid 
#1 ·
:flyfish:

Went to check on rumors that the boys were getting stripers North & South of the Ossining area lets say so as not to Spot Burn the limited fishing spots that they already have, but it's true. I stayed and watched guys pull up some schoolies, just above 18" at least 5 of them, and i was only there for about an hour. I was going to take pictures of them with my cellphone but i did not know those people and did not want to be impolite, hell, they might have thought I was with DEC because they were just there Sunday I heard.

I couldn't fish because you need the Marine Rec License and i didn't have one this year, but on my way to Village Hall after typing this to get mine for sure. The Game Warden is on the prowl like crazy believe me, they are aggresive this year hiding on train trussles and in the woods with binoculars what i feel is the right thing to do to protect this sport for our future generations.

Not to type too long cause i want to go get my license but last year, same area at Croton Park, I saw 3 men with a cooler walking to their car and asked them if any luck?, they opened it up, Did not speak that much English but the cooler was loaded with small striped bass, what a shame.

Then he must have dumped them in something in the car and came back with the empty red cooler to get more fish. Didn't wanna start shit because i was alone in them woods back there and there were were like 5 or 6 men.
dint have no side arm just my trusty knife so i minded my business.

PS. By the way, If any of you know Big John from Newburgh, ask him, he was there just met him, very nice man.

Good Luck!

See less See more
#4 ·
i wouldnt say they are here yet. i went down to peirmont area sat. and caught schoolies thats it. still to early these are fish that live in the river the ocean run fish are not yet here in #'s yet. maybe some early males down that far south. there still not any numbers of herring yet so the run is still some weeks out. hopefully witht these few warm days coming you will start to here of some fish,herring......
sone very sone

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.